redex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redex

well chaps just put 500ml of redex straight into my tank today had about quarter of a tank of diesel in can anybody tell me how soon i will be able to feel any differance in the surfs performance regards bri.

Originally posted by brian88883
    well chaps just put 500ml of redex straight into my tank today had about quarter of a tank of diesel in can anybody tell me how soon i will be able to feel any differance in the surfs performance regards bri.

Full tank would have been better
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Yeah, a full tank of Redex!
      I did the same amount as you and it took about 15 miles 'till I noticed any difference, and the truck has been running great ever since.

Comment

when it hit 60mph in 3.4secs then its working.good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
          when it hit 60mph in 3.4secs then its working.good luck!
          dont think i will be able to do 60 in3.4secs my surfs an automatic and it seems to take forever to get to 50 .

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883
            dont think i will be able to do 60 in3.4secs my surfs an automatic and it seems to take forever to get to 50 .
            one thing i notice is that i get more miles to the gallon and seems to run smoother after about 25 to 30 miles
            NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

So whats best?
              1/4,1/2 or full tank? and how often. Gonna get some redex at the weekend hopefully.
              www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Definately 1/4 tank. The stronger the dose the better. as to the amount, depends on how many miles you do really. I chuck a bottle full in every six months, but then I only do about 50 miles a month!
                Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 18 January 2006, 20:01.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Definately 1/4 tank. The stronger the dose the better. as to the amount, depends on how many miles you do really. I chuck a bottle full in every six months, but then I only do about 50 miles a month!
                  Nice one.
                  It's sittin at 1/4 now so that'll give me the excuse to get some tmrw
                  www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

I chuck approx 1/2 a bottle of redex in on a 1/4 to 1/2 tank of diesel so that the redex cleans the injectors of the carbon particles.

Run it for a couple of days [short distance to and from work] and then top up with diesel. That reminds me.....time for the final dose from the bottle.
                    Gaz

Comment

I put a bottle that treats 4 full tanks in one go about every month.

I put some Slick50 fuel treatment in today though. £14 a bottle and treats 55lts.

I went to the pub after work with a work mate, who was following me up a steep hill in his motor. The first thing he said when we got there was that he couldn't believe it was a Diesel, as there was no smoke what-so-ever coming out of my exhaust. Mind you, I am doing about 800mls a month to work and back every day.

So it must be doing something.

Comment

I picked my truck up on Saturday and it felt "dirty", just not quite right so i put a full bottle of redex in 1/2 a tank, after 30 or so miles it definitely felt crisper and the latest fill up is certainly going a little further, mind you it needed to lol.

The Surf is on standby tonight as we are not sure but think my girlfriend may be going into labour
                        Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
                          The Surf is on standby tonight as we are not sure but think my girlfriend may be going into labour
                          Best of luck, then
                          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Cant rember were but i saw a post that atf will work as well as redex so to test i put 1ltr in my diesel bx the other day, no ill effects, surf next.

Comment

Working...
                            X