crome rims.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crome rims.

Im going to get a 2"lift on the surf with new bfgoodrich tyres and rims.Thinking about the steel crome directional wheels but i hear that they start rusting after a while.If anyone has them on,i would appreciate it if you let me know how you finding them.

Originally posted by kal
    Im going to get a 2"lift on the surf with new bfgoodrich tyres and rims.Thinking about the steel crome directional wheels but i hear that they start rusting after a while.If anyone has them on,i would appreciate it if you let me know how you finding them.
    Every set of chrome wheels Ive had on a car have rusted quickly . Not any particular make , just any . I would go for nice alloys instead .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

i agree with rick i had a set of chromes last year and they are now rusted to hell so i am just going to get my old alloys tarted up and use them
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i put chrome rims on in october the have rusted, but i have took them off cleaned them with metal polish and spayed them with clear lacquer,they look alright but watch this space .
        colin

Comment

yep, agrre with everone else. i've had my chrome rims on now for over a year and they have started to rust.

these are chrome 8 spokes with bfg muds 31x10.5x15 & 2" lift.

once you have been off roading a few times and put a few dings in them you dont notice the rust so much!!

cheers scotty
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Every set of chrome wheels Ive had on a car have rusted quickly . Not any particular make , just any . I would go for nice alloys instead .
            Alloys it is then.

Comment

Originally posted by kal
              Alloys it is then.
              Just our experiances of chromes , if you want chromes get them . If you want alloys Bensonsnuts (Geoff) has some with near new tyres on . Under parts for sale .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Buy the chrome rims, before fitting tyres, get them clearcoated.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Buy the chrome rims, before fitting tyres, get them clearcoated.
                  Similarly- if you buy white steel wheels it's no effort to give them 3-4 coats of laquer before fitting. Keeps the rust at bay for a few years.

Comment

I did have my old ones set of 4 up for sale but sold them last thursday for £200 quid.!!
                    Attached Files
                    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

I prefer your old ones!

Comment

Working...
                      X