What LED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What LED?

I saw a fellow Smurfer in Solihull on Friday evening with LED's on the front grille.

I've seen a few posts on here from people who have fitted them to the A-Bar and the grille, but I can't seem to see what type of LED they have used.

Does anyone know of kits which can be bought, or what bulbs I need to get and relays, switches, etc?

I'm pretty good with the lighting on the Surf having fitted some interior lights, but I'm not sure about waterproofing, fitting on the outside.

Any info would be great, as they look really cool coming towards you.
    Just Vegging Out

Led

Originally posted by dleach2103
    I saw a fellow Smurfer in Solihull on Friday evening with LED's on the front grille.

I've seen a few posts on here from people who have fitted them to the A-Bar and the grille, but I can't seem to see what type of LED they have used.

Does anyone know of kits which can be bought, or what bulbs I need to get and relays, switches, etc?

I'm pretty good with the lighting on the Surf having fitted some interior lights, but I'm not sure about waterproofing, fitting on the outside.

LED are very small but powerful lamps avaialbe from places like Halfords look smart but be aware of lighting regs. Not sure on what thy are like at the back for waterproofing but must be Ok as I have seen similar set up underneath A bar

Comment

Originally posted by dleach2103

This the same order I submited for the LEDs I fitted to my front bar....
      It includes Amber LEDs, Chrome holders and resistors for vehicle use, i.e. 12volts.
      http://www.phenoptix.co.uk/ShoppingCart.asp

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        This the same order I submited for the LEDs I fitted to my front bar....
        It includes Amber LEDs, Chrome holders and resistors for vehicle use, i.e. 12volts.
        http://www.phenoptix.co.uk/ShoppingCart.asp
        Nice one, I've just ordered me a set of 10 bulbs. Just gotta work out where to put them all now!!

Bushwacker,

Do you know if the Phenoptix bulbs are weatherproof too, because I want to put them on the front grille?

Are these the same ones that you got for the dash bulbs?
        Just Vegging Out

Comment

After I soldered mine, I just weather proofed them with clear silicone, especially around the legs of the LEDs. But you could use heatshrink sleeving I suppose.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 16 January 2006, 14:48.

Comment

Working...
          X