No announcement yet.

somebody , anybody.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These threads could go on for years, to many variations in peoples MPG.
    Used to have a 2.5 V6 motor my wife used to get 25ish MPG, me I got 19 mpg out of it (less sometimes, alright most times). Difference in driving styles me thinks.
    When I first got the Surf I tried driving it like me old motor, well not so much tried just did the normal thing, foot to floor and go. With the Surf you gotta alter your driving style, keep it smooth etc etc.
    Bottom line is, it all depends on your right foot, journeys covered, amount of spots bull bars on the front of your already aerodynamic house brick, it weighs almost 2 tons, how clean are your injectors, you running oversized tyres, etc etc etc.
    I have had two Surfs 2.4 and me 3.0 Runner and to be honest there wasn't that much difference in the three on mpg. Used to fill up, reset trip, do 300 miles and fill up again, light never on. Then I give the Runner a good clearout every now and then (if you know what I mean) and get 250 miles and light just flicking on.
    So for me theres to many variations in how people drive to gauge an accurate figure for the mpg.
    Bottom line is are you happy with your Surf,yes, well thats all that matters.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

thanks for your input chaps its much appreciated
      aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me and telling me "You're next."They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!

Comment

Working...
      X