somebody , anybody.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody , anybody.........

a little while ago i got rid of my 2,4 auto surf coz of its tendency to want to stop at every petrol station it weny by (could onlt get 23mpg out of it) i have heard a rumour that the 3.0l will do more to the gallon is this true or just a myth? me and the wife aint the heavest footed around.
    Can anyone shed any light on this please.
    also i am looking to swap my car for a 3.0l surf i have a saab 9-5 se 2.0l turbo 1998 if anyone is interested
    Last edited by rich1; 15 January 2006, 11:10.
    aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me and telling me "You're next."They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!

Originally posted by rich1
    a little while ago i got rid of my 2,4 auto surf coz of its tendency to want to stop at every petrol station it weny by (could onlt get 23mpg out of it) i have heard a rumour that the 3.0l will do more to the gallon is this true or just a myth? me and the wife aint the heavest footed around.
    Can anyone shed any light on this please
    I get about 27 mpg out of 3 ltr 3rd gen ........ does not matter if in town or on a run. According to posts on this site 3 ltr are more economical. Hope this will sway you back into surfin'

Comment

i did 230 miles for 50 quid last week!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        i did 230 miles for 50 quid last week!
        WHAT.???
        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSRX3.0TDLE
          WHAT.???
          that's what i thought!... not sure what happened there!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I get about 215 miles to a full tnak in mine, is that good?
            3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
              I get that with £30.00s worth (93.9p/litre)3rd gen manual transmission.
              Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                Doesn't sound great. I get around 26-30 mpg in my 2.4 auto. Around 270 miles on 45 litres on my last run (full tank is 65l)

According to my calculations you're getting just over 15 mpg. But I ain't that great at maths and hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.
                _______
                /_/ _ | 0\__
                \,...__,..._ /
                _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Originally posted by ecosurf
                  Doesn't sound great. I get around 26-30 mpg in my 2.4 auto. Around 270 miles on 45 litres on my last run (full tank is 65l)

According to my calculations you're getting just over 15 mpg. But I ain't that great at maths and hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.
                  We get around 260 on a full tank and more if its a veg oil mix - too cold at the moment though.

Ecosurf is doing well - is that a certain type of road driving or particular fuel?

Nx
                  Naomi
                  AKA - Mamadwyvin
                  www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
                    We get around 260 on a full tank and more if its a veg oil mix - too cold at the moment though.

Ecosurf is doing well - is that a certain type of road driving or particular fuel?

Nx

I average 24 mpg out of my 2nd gen 3ltr, on a good motorway run keeping it at 65 I have had 30 mpg ! ( Yes, I double checked ! )

Comment

On last three fill ups I have averaged just (and I mean just ) over 20mpg.

Phil her up !!
                      If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil her up
                        On last three fill ups I have averaged just (and I mean just ) over 20mpg.

Phil her up !!
                        mine averages 20-22mpg knocking around here (hilly) took caravan for a weekend in stoke last week and got 17mpg out of it
                        no worst than a Mazda 626 2.0 16v estate i used to have.
                        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin

Nx
                          Running B50 (50% Biodiesel, 50% Fossil), very light right foot (only used kickdown once I think!), and don't go above 65. The previous owner got about the same on standard derv. Something to do with the bigger tyres he thought. I dunno about that, but I'm quite happy with these figures.
                          _______
                          /_/ _ | 0\__
                          \,...__,..._ /
                          _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Some of you guys are getting into the petrol figures now, I manage between 17 and 21mpg in my 3ltr petrol, on average I get about 250miles for 60quid.
                            I think either your foot is very very heavy or you are carrying around a couple of tonnes in the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
                              Some of you guys are getting into the petrol figures now, I manage between 17 and 21mpg in my 3ltr petrol, on average I get about 250miles for 60quid.
                              I think either your foot is very very heavy or you are carrying around a couple of tonnes in the boot.
                              For a £60 fill-up, I get around 370-390 miles, less if I'm in a serious hurry
                              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X