TOM TOM 700..Im now a proud owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOM TOM 700..Im now a proud owner!

This piece of kit is excellent. Cost £439 from staples and im very happy. If anyone is thinking of buying one i strongly recommend this model. Does anyone have any comments of makes the use??
    Kite Surf

Good choice mon amis. I use the 300 and it ain't let me down once.

I recommend you download the Speed Camera Database so you know where the police moneymakers are hidden.

Happy navving!
    _______
    /_/ _ | 0\__
    \,...__,..._ /
    _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
      This piece of kit is excellent. Cost £439 from staples and im very happy. If anyone is thinking of buying one i strongly recommend this model. Does anyone have any comments of makes the use??
      I use the TomTom software on my PDA and agree with you it is excellent. The link provided by ecosurf will come in useful to you too.
      Pete

Comment

I organize routes for our van drivers, and we have two tom tom 500's they'er great, the Bluetooth hands fee is cool too.
        I like Orientals

Comment

Got a TomTom One on order, should here monday or tuesday....will let you know how it goes...as long as i find my may back to my pc

Comment

I'm saving for a tomtom 700! writeups are fantastic. Just can't find a retail outlet selling one at a sensable price:-(

Comment

Ive got the tom tom 500 software on my p.d.a and is fine..
              SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

I can read a map
                Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                  I'm saving for a tomtom 700! writeups are fantastic. Just can't find a retail outlet selling one at a sensable price:-(

Keep an eye on this link for good deals,

http://www.find-tomtom-deals.co.uk/?...FSNjQgodqTs1BQ

Its updated every couple of days.

It might pay to wait though before buying, prices are expected to drop as the year goes on. and only go for a 500 or 700 if you want to take advantage of the bluetooth capabilities.

You can easily get hold of all the required software(speed cameras,maps etc)as downloads for tom tom one, so you can do it fairly cheap
                  Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
                    Keep an eye on this link for good deals,

http://www.find-tomtom-deals.co.uk/?...FSNjQgodqTs1BQ

Its updated every couple of days.

It might pay to wait though before buying, prices are expected to drop as the year goes on. and only go for a 500 or 700 if you want to take advantage of the bluetooth capabilities.

You can easily get hold of all the required software(speed cameras,maps etc)as downloads for tom tom one, so you can do it fairly cheap
                    Yeah right I went to that link and downloaded some stuff look what I got...A tom tom for a 1st gen.
                    meet my boy Tom and his mate Tom,
                    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:27.
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                      Yeah right I went to that link and downloaded some stuff look what I got...A tom tom for a 1st gen.
                      meet my boy Tom and his mate Tom,

thats just double trouble
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

I got a 700 as well, brilliant.
                        Was looking at the speed camera stuff on Tom Tom's website, is it worth doing it on here with the years free updates or other sites like the link already posted.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                          I got a 700 as well, brilliant.
                          Was looking at the speed camera stuff on Tom Tom's website, is it worth doing it on here with the years free updates or other sites like the link already posted.
                          I wouldn't bother with TomTom's service, as the PocketGPS camera database is free and updated every month. Installation is simple (as long as you have an SD card reader for your computer) and once installed, the warnings work seamlessly (you can set the warning tone, alert distance, etc).

I've installed the PGPS database on a couple of TomTom units, including the Mobile version on my old Nokia, so if anyone needs advice, just whistle
                          _______
                          /_/ _ | 0\__
                          \,...__,..._ /
                          _(o)__(o)_

Comment

3 days in and still loving the TOM TOM 700. Buy one now if your thinking of it.
                            Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                              Saw some in Dixon's at the Eurotunnel site for about £360 the other day.

Comment

Working...
                              X