No announcement yet.

towbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be boring and bring the thread back to reality, but I did fit the buzzer and got really really browned off by the bleeping. Besides is kept waking the dog up.

I removed it and launched it as far as i could.

As regards a legal requirement, that is semi correct. There has to be a "tell tale" (no not the office sneak) weather that is a bleeper or a flashing light it dosent matter.

I replaced my flasher unit with a trailer warning one and fitted a big green light in the dash (there is a round blanked off hole by the idle up switch) when no trailer is connected it stays off, when a trailer is connected it flashes.

Oh mind you the flasher unit was a right pig to get to...... You might be better with the damn buzzer
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Be it a lamp or a buzzer, by law you still have to have one or the other, but what does seem odd to me is that it only responds to the indicators as a warning device...... brake lights would seem more important to me.
      Given that the surf model I have has no capacity for a warning lamp within the original wiring, the buzzer is a simpler option.
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
        Be it a lamp or a buzzer, by law you still have to have one or the other, but what does seem odd to me is that it only responds to the indicators as a warning device...... brake lights would seem more important to me.
        Given that the surf model I have has no capacity for a warning lamp within the original wiring, the buzzer is a simpler option.
        I agree, it took a lot less time to wire the entire lighting socket up than it did to replace the flasher unit!

Just incase anybody else wants to attempt fitting a light you would need a flasher unit RFL6 £14.07 A lamp and some wire (meter or so) they could all be got from Vehicle Wireing products (0115 930 5454).

As for the legality I really give up now, I think it depends on how many pints the minister has had at the time!
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

How much does it cost to have a towbar supplied and fitted with twin electrics.?? can anyone advise.??
          SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Working...
          X