Dash lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash lighting

I may have found a cure for some of you with heater control lighting issues like me. I bought two mini blue neon strip lights (12 volt), they are about 2 1/2 inches long and cost £7. Whilst I was trying to fathom out how to fit them and where, I discovered that there is a lip under the drinks holder and they fit neatly into this recess and shine down onto the control sliders for the heater. Saves alot of hassle trying to get all the dash apart to replace bulbs.
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

we want pitures
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

i have 'issues' with my heater and shift lighting, but i find tapping the dash, just to the left of the a/c button fixes it...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        we want pitures
        ok as soon as I have a new camera battery I will take some ok

Comment

Where did you get them?
          [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Comment

Originally posted by midalex
            Where did you get them?
            I got them from a motoring shop called HB Automate in Bideford, north Devon, but I would guess that most auto shops that sell neons and stuff like that would carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
              I may have found a cure for some of you with heater control lighting issues like me. I bought two mini blue neon strip lights (12 volt), they are about 2 1/2 inches long and cost £7. Whilst I was trying to fathom out how to fit them and where, I discovered that there is a lip under the drinks holder and they fit neatly into this recess and shine down onto the control sliders for the heater. Saves alot of hassle trying to get all the dash apart to replace bulbs.
              Hi Mate, Did ya get the post on here for ya, Sorry about the email screw up,
              Yes that heater! I've gone for the hassel, Got the heater and cables out,
              stripped down to see if theres any room in it for leds, There aint! So decided
              i can fit several 3mm leds into each hole where the two little bulbs fitted,
              6 different colours to each one, long as i heatshrink the led tails should be ok,
              This will light the slides and the button function symbols but the small button
              lights (green and one amber) will have to stay as these are leds and theres
              no room for any more in there,
              Those strip lights sound a much easier optsion but as i've done away with
              the cup holder and the two vents above it i'd have no where to stick em,
              Are you still going for the white dials, Afraid i jumped in with both feet without
              thinking, Got a big birthday do this month, Me, my bro in law and his twin sister plus a couple of club renewals, AA membership and god knows what
              else, Theres always some $hit you have to pay out on, Pity would have liked to fit the white dials while i got it apart, Cheers, Ian
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ian... email me at chaosengine100@msn again.... give me your phone number, need to talk to you.
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X