Changing All Fluids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing All Fluids

Hi all, new surf owner here and need some advice, someone told me that all the fluids eg OIL, COOLANT ETC need to be changed ASAP as the Japanese fluids are a different spec and wont operate under UK road/weather conditions.

Is this correct and if so what fluids do I need to change and how quickly and also if the coolant has to be done then does the stat need replacing as well.

Cheers Guys
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN
    Hi all, new surf owner here and need some advice, someone told me that all the fluids eg OIL, COOLANT ETC need to be changed ASAP as the Japanese fluids are a different spec and wont operate under UK road/weather conditions.

Is this correct and if so what fluids do I need to change and how quickly and also if the coolant has to be done then does the stat need replacing as well.

Cheers Guys
    Not sure about different spec from Japan - although it could make sense!

It is a good idea to change all fluids when you first get the car just so you know it has been done!

If you replacing coolant its azlways worth giving it a flush in the process, when I did mine at the end of last year I also replaces the htermostat and Rad CAp just as a precautionary measure.. Don't think they needed doing but IO though I might as well whilst I'm there!

All Fulids is Engine Oil & Filter, Transmission Fluid, Coolant, I'd also change the fuel filter and air filter at the same time

Joe
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Thanks.

Originally posted by joe112

It is a good idea to change all fluids when you first get the car just so you know it has been done!

If you replacing coolant its azlways worth giving it a flush in the process, when I did mine at the end of last year I also replaces the htermostat and Rad CAp just as a precautionary measure.. Don't think they needed doing but IO though I might as well whilst I'm there!

All Fulids is Engine Oil & Filter, Transmission Fluid, Coolant, I'd also change the fuel filter and air filter at the same time

Joe
      Thought that myself when I was told as it seems to make sense but never having an import before was unsure as in the past I have just changed the oil and filters and checked all the other levels are topped up.

Comment

Don't panic to much, most of it is hype, the biggest reason for doing it is cos you don't know when they where last changed, Japans climate is both hotter and colder than the UK, so if its good enough for the Japan, its good enough for here.

If the specs where different, you don't want to be putting our 'different spec' oil and coolant in a jap motor? Most of it, like alot of advise, is bull$hit.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by joe112

Joe
          Could do the diffs too....
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Cheers

Originally posted by TonyN
            Don't panic to much, most of it is hype, the biggest reason for doing it is cos you don't know when they where last changed, Japans climate is both hotter and colder than the UK, so if its good enough for the Japan, its good enough for here.

If the specs where different, you don't want to be putting our 'different spec' oil and coolant in a jap motor? Most of it, like alot of advise, is bull$hit.

Makes sense, will check all the levels etc make sure all topped up and see how I go, the guy at the garage said it was all done recently and showed me some stickers under the bonnet all in Japanese calender to indicate that all were done including the timing belt but he could have been blagging me i just dont know so will do the normal ones and see how things go.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
            X