Warning! forum overload.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyLala
    aluminium over copper... fibre backhaul. Wireless bridges... bla bla bla...
    Fact is, if they continue to drop solder over live cards (dSlam's) in the exchange they will never be able to guarantee any sort of SLA...
    Apparently, its been copper infrastructure down to the property entry point, but they haven't upgraded the documentation to reflect the higher bandwidth of the media... and since 1998 as well...
    Yeah, I know. Had endless problems and arguments with BT a couple of years ago about aluminum etc when trying to get several lines working with HDSL line drivers. And they just don't care!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      Yeah, I know. Had endless problems and arguments with BT a couple of years ago about aluminum etc when trying to get several lines working with HDSL line drivers. And they just don't care!
      Whats new.??
      SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Thing is, found this PDF, a press release by BT saying that (in 1998) they were going to ditch the aluminum infrastructure and all new installs would be copper as it offered higher bandwidth with higher gain (read more subscribers). Eventually, as all the ally stuff went EOL, they would upgrade all that stuff, as they filled all the empty space in the exchanges with Dslams, again as they upgraded all the old to new.
        That was going to be my trump card. Left it till all else had failed. Played my trump card... and the guy dismissed it out of hand as if to say he knew more about it than I did. (well he wasn't to know)... he didn't even understand teh document, said that was just what is was and that was it.

To**ers. Jeez, I could get more than 1Mb down a wet piece of garden twine.

They just make it up as they go along... So what gets me, the grand picture (for BT) is to get 16Gb sDSL to each household in the country... how is that going to happen if the new installs can't get to 1Mb. Old house was definitely on ally cabling... 'cos I saw it... and they engineers managed to wind me up to 4Gb... then backed it off to 2Mb, 'cos the phone line was complaining. New house is Copper all the way to the exchange (which I can just about see out of the window)... and 1Mb is all they can manage. To**ers.

Comment

Thing is, found this PDF, a press release by BT saying that (in 1998) they were going to ditch the aluminum infrastructure and all new installs would be copper as it offered higher bandwidth with higher gain (read more subscribers). Eventually, as all the ally stuff went EOL, they would upgrade all that stuff, as they filled all the empty space in the exchanges with Dslams, again as they upgraded all the old to new.
          That was going to be my trump card. Left it till all else had failed. Played my trump card... and the guy dismissed it out of hand as if to say he knew more about it than I did. (well he wasn't to know)... he didn't even understand teh document, said that was just what is was and that was it.

To**ers. Jeez, I could get more than 1Mb down a wet piece of garden twine.

They just make it up as they go along... So what gets me, the grand picture (for BT) is to get 16Gb sDSL to each household in the country... how is that going to happen if the new installs can't get to 1Mb. Old house was definitely on ally cabling... 'cos I saw it... and they engineers managed to wind me up to 4Gb... then backed it off to 2Mb, 'cos the phone line was complaining. New house is Copper all the way to the exchange (which I can just about see out of the window)... and 1Mb is all they can manage. To**ers.
          Now were talking..
          SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

ever watch the gadget show??

they were in korea (i think) and the standard household speed is 100 whaternames
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

To**ers. thats it, I'm off to Korea.

Comment

To**ers. thats it, I'm off to Korea.

But your calls will be diverted through India!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  VWHAT.??
                  SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

1. Who said I was going to call...

2. try using Skype or Vonage...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      so where's the change?
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X