yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a surf capable of towing in weight.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a surf capable of towing in weight.??

What is a 3.0TD Surf capable of towing to the maximum weight ie in weight of tonnes.??
    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

There is no DATA for this that i have found but you can TOW legaly @ 100% of the vehicles weight which is just below 2 Tonnes
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      just below 2 Tonnes
      ****** hell i thought it weighed in about 1.1/2 tonnes at the most.??
      SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

about 1800kg (depending which one you've got)
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          about 1800kg (depending which one you've got)
          Pics are posted take alook.??
          SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

it can tow whatever u strap to it!!from tiny tim to timbuck too.

im gonna strap mine to the pikey camp whilst they sleep.wake up time!!!!

Comment

why not weigh it?... most RDCs have a weigh bridge... or the local s**** yard?

i can't tell how much by loking at it... although i did win "guess the weight of the cake" once!

Comment

why not weigh it?... most RDCs have a weigh bridge... or the local s**** yard?

i can't tell how much by loking at it... although i did win "guess the weight of the cake" once!
                Not much difference between a cake and a surf then.?? lol..
                SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

But there will be a lot less cake when Matts been there first
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

ooh no!... don't eat cake!... especially not Dundee cake!!

got any sarnies?

Comment

and a lot less Surf if Danno got there first!

Comment

ooh no!... don't eat cake!... especially not Dundee cake!!

got any sarnies?
                        Carrot cake.. ermm.!!!!
                        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSRX3.0TDLE
                          What is a 3.0TD Surf capable of towing to the maximum weight ie in weight of tonnes.??
                          Phyically or legaly? Our 94' 3.0 has happily towed other Surfs around the country when I've been collecting non-runners.

The good news is there is no official figures for a Surf, so you can bend the rules a little, if you do a search on google for US 4Runners of the same year, they officially tow about 1500kg.

BTW, the 100% thing is bit rubbish, a SWB Defender 90 that weights 1655kg is rated to tow 3500kg.

I've heard it all depends on what the handbrake can hold on a curtain steepness of hill. (which is why the 4runner has such a low tow rating!)
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            Phyically or legaly? Our 94' 3.0 has happily towed other Surfs around the country when I've been collecting non-runners.

The good news is there is no official figures for a Surf, so you can bend the rules a little, if you do a search on google for US 4Runners of the same year, they officially tow about 1500kg.

BTW, the 100% thing is bit rubbish, a SWB Defender 90 that weights 1655kg is rated to tow 3500kg.

I've heard it all depends on what the handbrake can hold on a curtain steepness of hill. (which is why the 4runner has such a low tow rating!)
                            We have been here before sure Vince will find the thread I started it, I recall as Tony mentions it as per manufacturers ratings such as the defender, as there are none for the Surf then the 100% rule applies with a braked trailer or as recommended more commonly as 85% of vehicle weight. However max train weight must not exceed 3.5 tonnes on a normal car license. I like many tow with surf, 2t surf + 1t horse trailer + a couple of horses over 3.5 tonnes i rekon.

Steve
                            Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

I can't remember the figures (D'oh) but I was told if towing an unbraked trailer it was a certain % of the vehicles kerbside weight, however if the trailer was fitted with brakes it was substantially higher.

A friend of mine may have the official figures I'll see if I can track him down.
                              [SIZE=5]A bad days fishing is better than a good days work[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X