its snowing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its snowing!

whooo some snow at last.... probably too wet to settle though. And what are we doing today???? YOu guessed it, recovering a range rover from the tightest space imaginable and towing it, presuming it moves cos it hasnt done for four years!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Lucky person i wish it would snow here
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Talking about towing LR's, going to work the other morning, I saw a Freelander with its hazards on. There was a car in the ditch, and the LR guy wanted a towrope, he said he would tow it out, I looked at him and said "but its a Landrover", he just looked at me in disgust and said, "I will be able to do it". Well after several attempts to pull the Toyota car from the ditch, he gave up and asked me if I wanted to "try". I did so and promply without any hesitation, jerked the toyota car back onto the road. After putting my towrope away, I turned to the LR guy and said "Toyota", then drove off. Bl@@dy marvelous day I had after that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by usafric
        Talking about towing LR's, going to work the other morning, I saw a Freelander with its hazards on. There was a car in the ditch, and the LR guy wanted a towrope, he said he would tow it out, I looked at him and said "but its a Landrover", he just looked at me in disgust and said, "I will be able to do it". Well after several attempts to pull the Toyota car from the ditch, he gave up and asked me if I wanted to "try". I did so and promply without any hesitation, jerked the toyota car back onto the road. After putting my towrope away, I turned to the LR guy and said "Toyota", then drove off. Bl@@dy marvelous day I had after that!!!
        I think most people (proper Landrover owners in particular) would argue that the Freelander isn't a 'real' 4x4 anyway.

Snowing here too- but looks to wet to settle.

Comment

got it done eventually without any more snow.
          The surf did a fantastic job of pulling it out of a garden, through a ditch and up over a patio without ruining the lawn which was like sponge! really pleased. Only just got it in though the Cruiser was too big.
          Attached Files
          Tim

Comment

wouldnt it have been easier to burn it where it was?
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              wouldnt it have been easier to burn it where it was?
              All we got today was sleet, sleet and more sleet.!!!!!
              SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                got it done eventually without any more snow.
                The surf did a fantastic job of pulling it out of a garden, through a ditch and up over a patio without ruining the lawn which was like sponge! really pleased. Only just got it in though the Cruiser was too big.
                New toy or a V8 for Danno ?
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

neither really

its for my mate (with the land rover who was at brick kiln farm the other month), we have gone and swapped it today for a stripped down chassis with his friend to save us the work as he only wants the running gear.
                  I got some freebie bits though.
                  Tim

Comment

We went through loads of snow today The roads were clear but the fields had a good few inches and as we were driving through it, it started building up at the bottom of the windscreen. Had the mother and father in law in the back though so there was no chance of a diversion to play!
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                      We went through loads of snow today The roads were clear but the fields had a good few inches and as we were driving through it, it started building up at the bottom of the windscreen. Had the mother and father in law in the back though so there was no chance of a diversion to play!

OH we wish !! Where in west sussex ?
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Woke to this this morning, not too much de-icing to do.

Comment

HOW NICE .... I SPENT MY YOUNGER YEARS IN SUSSEX
                          IN A VILLAGE NEAR BILLINGSHURST 1986 was a good year for snow there

Oh well back to dreaming about snow down ere in wiltshire
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
                            OH we wish !! Where in west sussex ?
                            was somewhere between Crowborough and Wadhurst...
                            Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by red harry
                              Woke to this this morning, not too much de-icing to do.

Wehey.!!!!
                              SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Working...
                              X