The Eagle has landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagle has landed

Right, there I am sitting on the sofa, eating some Doritos Extreme Chille heat wave crisps, while watching "Inside the lions den" British Lions DVD tour of New Zealand 2005.

Whilst I was watching this, I was looking at the Squadron of Starlings outside in the garden scoffing on the chicken carcas I threw out last night. With them was 6 very fat wood pigeon.

Then, all of a sudden, there was this MASSIVE eagle that came from nowhere, swooped in, grabbed a fat pigeon, and flew off again. All in the blink of an eye, and at lightning speed. WOW, what a sight. None of the birds saw it coming, and it all happened about 10ft from my sofa.

I have seen this bird before, swooping high up, in circles, then diving down behind the houses. My garden backs onto a big farmers field, and I have seen some Red kites also. But this was a massive bird, a sort of brown colour.

I sell air guns if you are interested.
    Kite Surf

Comment

i havnt seen my teradactil for a few days now.

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
        I sell air guns if you are interested.

What for, the wood pigeons or the Eagle?

That was an awsome sight. I couldn't shoot a bird like that, what a sight. Infact, the only thing I am trained to shoot, after 8 years in the Army, is other Human Beings. Shoot an Eagle, no I couldn't do that. Shoot Bin Laden, no problem!!

Comment

We have those hovering around as well. They're buzzards.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            We have those hovering around as well. They're buzzards.

It was very big. The same size as an Eagle Owl I reckon. But it was very fast, and I only saw it a split second. It must have come in at about 80-100MPH. The starlings didn't even see it coming, and there must have been about 40 of them outside, scoffing on the chicken bits.

Comment

Yep, Buzzards are big, about a five to six foot wingspan some of them.

Comment

quick quick! put out another chicken carcass! AND GET YOUR CAMERA!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  quick quick! put out another chicken carcass! AND GET YOUR CAMERA!

I will be getting another chicken next week. I will go out and see if I can see it around and take a picture to get one of you twitchers on here to identify it for me.

Comment

Just thorw out some bread and cabbage to encourage the pigeons . the more your eagle kills the better
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Yeah, b****y flyin' rats!

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
                        Just thorw out some bread and cabbage to encourage the pigeons . the more your eagle kills the better

Tell you what.

I have the same wood pigeons here all the time. I throw bread out, and have a seed feeder up for the other birds. But a couple of those wood pigeon are REALLY fat. Scoffing all that bread has made them very plump. They would make good eating. Bet that Eagle is full this evening!!

Comment

I'll have to find a recipe for pigeon pie.
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            My garden backs onto a big farmers field.
                            how do you know the farmer owns it?
                            and how big is he?
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                            X