Cheap calls via Skype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatfires
    If you put some dosh in to cover the 0860,0845 and mobiles etc the 1 min(Iwas getting 2!) free calls go to 1 hour!!!!
    So far for all calls £10 in august just put another tenner in...Bargain
    and if you have a friend or whoever logged on with usernames in each others contact list you can talk for free PC to PC and keep your phone line free for incommers
    I used to pay the jokers at BT over £60 per quarter in call fees...no more!!
    another good cheap call provider is 18866, 3 or 4p connection charge, but no time based charges...a google search will find them.
    try them for yourselves..I did I saved dosh....more cash to spend on 'the blue one!!

What about the BT line rental charge? you still have to pay that right?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      What about the BT line rental charge? you still have to pay that right?
      your calls go via the internet i.e.broadband so as long as you got that, you dont need 'normal' phone line to make outgoing calls - but if you are on b band you got that anyway!!
      the calls actually go via the net to switzaland I believe then via phone lines (oh I do wish I could spell..must get a new smell chucker!)
      anyone that wants to know more PM me an 01..... or 02...landline number.. if you are not UK based check the voipcheap site if you are on the free list I'll give you a free call to answer your questions as best I can
      there's an offer you can refuse..your loss!
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

So let me get this straight.....................I f I pay £15 per month to Tiscali for 1mb broadband internet access, and I use the free calls site your talking about, I don't have to pay BT for anything?

Comment

you gotta remember that some people fear change and turn off EVERYTHING beofre bed time, so you have to reboot computer everytime you want to make / recieve a call!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            So let me get this straight.....................I f I pay £15 per month to Tiscali for 1mb broadband internet access, and I use the free calls site your talking about, I don't have to pay BT for anything?
            Hi Vince
            yea you have to pay for the line rental £10 ish a month, the £15 to tiscali doesnt cover line rental - that doesnt change, what does change is that you pay nothing for calls to UK and some other countries landlines and other calls 0870's etc & mobiles are cheeper than most
            your tiscali b band should now be unlimited and probably 2 meg as well, I understood all could be upgraded for free..check it out!
            Last edited by fatfires; 6 January 2006, 11:00.
            Tony

Comment

Hi Vince
              yea you have to pay for the line rental £10 ish a month, the £15 to tiscali doesnt cover line rental - that doesnt change, what does change is that you pay nothing for calls to UK and some other countries landlines and other calls 0870's etc & mobiles are cheeper than most
              your tiscali b band should now be unlimited and probably 2 meg as well, I understood all could be upgraded for free..check it out!
              fatfires,can u copy and paste the link into a post so i can get free calls in uk.i cant figure the thing out,my skype in is a 0161 code,i just chose that coz i didnt no if there was a wrong or write one.
              cheers,nick

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
                fatfires,can u copy and paste the link into a post so i can get free calls in uk.i cant figure the thing out,my skype in is a 0161 code,i just chose that coz i didnt no if there was a wrong or write one.
                cheers,nick

posting a link? sorry
                but if you go to www.voipcheap.co.uk should answer all your questions
                hey just found out it did it for me!!!!!!
                Tony

Comment

posting a link? sorry
                  but if you go to www.voipcheap.co.uk should answer all your questions
                  hey just found out it did it for me!!!!!!
                  thats for voipcheap,can i not get free uk calls on skype?i could sign up for viopcheap but then id have two landline numbers,then il get really confused!!!!?

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
                    thats for voipcheap,can i not get free uk calls on skype?i could sign up for viopcheap but then id have two landline numbers,then il get really confused!!!!?
                    if you are using it for outgoing calls from your PC (their the only ones you would pay for normally via BT) you dont need to get a number, incomming calls come via your phone to your normal land line
                    the advantage of a voip no is wherever you are in the world if you log on the calls come to your computer, if you dont travel it is not realy an issue
                    Tony

Comment

For free international voice calls from your mobile try http://www.planettalkfree.com/index....e/lang/english

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01
                        For free international voice calls from your mobile try http://www.planettalkfree.com/index....e/lang/english
                        Now that's an interesting site..........nice 1

Comment

Working...
                        X