Motor Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Tax

I never see posts from you UKsurfers about motor tax leading me to think its fairly cheap

I pay €782 for a 2.4 engine per year (220 per quarter).
    Hold on a few mins and I'll go to a currency converter for UK equivalent...

Ok here it is:
    Yearly £539
    Quarterly £152
    Last edited by JimL; 2 September 2003, 20:33.

My tax dis year is 240 euro. Mine is commercial. Couldnt afford that sort of money each year. You must be loaded. 'Here mister, polsh yer shoes, mister!'
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Yeah, mines commercial as well.... I think it's €214. Not bad for a 3.0l in Ireland.

Was looking at a 4.2 VX Landcruiser the other day. Full seats on commercial tax. Was a 96 for €19 k

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
        Yeah, mines commercial as well.... I think it's €214. Not bad for a 3.0l in Ireland.

Was looking at a 4.2 VX Landcruiser the other day. Full seats on commercial tax. Was a 96 for €19 k
        Hey Ciaran, how do you get the euro symbol to work?
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

£160ish a year for UK road tax.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
            Hey Ciaran, how do you get the euro symbol to work?

Press Ctrl Alt & 4 for the € symbol

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
              My tax dis year is 240 euro. Mine is commercial. Couldnt afford that sort of money each year. You must be loaded. 'Here mister, polsh yer shoes, mister!'
              No shoes just slippers now where'd I put me smoking jacket :dude with fag in his mouth coz i cant get these effin smilies to work:
              Last edited by JimL; 2 September 2003, 21:25.

Comment

Same here, mines full passinger but taxed commercial

Just as well as 3.0 and above is the highest private tax category here, my last car, a 4.0L Jag used to cost me just over €1100 annually ouch!
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

How much is the diesel over there? coming over this weekend for a cousins wedding in Athlone, I guess I should come over with a tank full.

Comment

Originally posted by adebrux
                    How much is the diesel over there? coming over this weekend for a cousins wedding in Athlone, I guess I should come over with a tank full.
                    ade go over with the tank empty its cheap
                    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                    [size=5][/size]
                    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                      ade go over with the tank empty its cheap
                      Thats a change from the last time I was there, I think the beer is dearer so a tank full of that then.

Comment

Expect to pay about 0.73 cents per liter for the diesel Adebrux. That's about 50 pence

Comment

Originally posted by adebrux
                          Check www.irishfuelprices.com
                          cheapest shown there is on 31 Aug in Tralee for €0.699/L.
                          This morning diesel was €0.769/L in my local Statoil garage, but can be up to around €0.82 ish around the country.
                          Either way, far cheaper than uk.

Or even better, I'm running with up to 66% (in this warm weather) vegtable oil @ only €0.62/L - extra cheap.
                          Maurice
                          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            £160ish a year for UK road tax.
                            then they hammer us on the diesel/petrol& anything else they can think of
                            [size=5][/size]
                            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

is it cheaper on commercial & how do you get round insurance
                              [size=5][/size]

Comment

Working...
                              X