Bushwacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushwacker

Hi Vince, Sorry to bother yer, I know you posted the site before but damed if
    i can find it, Where did you get your LEDs, And roughly how much, ie each,
    ten, fifty, I'm still thinking about that white gauge and indiglow kit but cant afford 60 quid yet so i'm thinkin as i've got the gauges out and apart i've
    got the chance to have a fiddle about with some leds of different colours,
    Fix em up to several small switches and see how it turns out, Been looking at some on ebay (hong kong) which hes doing for around £8 per hundred with
    free resistors but its hong kong! Cant go and give him a slap if they dont work, Also got the heater controlls out, Easy when the rest of the dash is
    out but bl00dy nigh impossible to change the bulbs with it in, Cheers, Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    Hi Vince, Sorry to bother yer, I know you posted the site before but damed if
    i can find it, Where did you get your LEDs, And roughly how much, ie each,
    ten, fifty, I'm still thinking about that white gauge and indiglow kit but cant afford 60 quid yet so i'm thinkin as i've got the gauges out and apart i've
    got the chance to have a fiddle about with some leds of different colours,
    Fix em up to several small switches and see how it turns out, Been looking at some on ebay (hong kong) which hes doing for around £8 per hundred with
    free resistors but its hong kong! Cant go and give him a slap if they dont work, Also got the heater controlls out, Easy when the rest of the dash is
    out but bl00dy nigh impossible to change the bulbs with it in, Cheers, Ian

These are the ones I have fitted, the price is for a pair , so you'll need two pairs as there are three bulbs to replace.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/501-Convex-LED...QQcmdZViewItem

The bulbs for the fuel, volts, water, and oil are two smaller bulbs and I haven't found any suitable yet.
    I've gone for the green backlighting, 'cos I couldn't get to the heater bulbs.
    Can't show you any pics, 'cos my digi camera has no flash.

p.s. My dash is coming apart again tomorrow 'cos my speedo dosen't work!

Comment

Ooh! and I get my LEDs from here......

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/phenoptix

Really helpfull geezer too. If you can't find what you want, ask him as he dosen't list all his stuff.

Comment

Cheers vince thats great, Put em on the favorits list, Will have a butchers
        Yes the speedo! I was expecting to find a speedo cable! It came out very
        easeily, As you say the heater is another matter, easy to get at the bulbs
        when its out, Thanks again, Ian

Comment

You sent me this link as well Vince....I haven't got round to em yet tho....

http://www.the-internet-shop.co.uk/Car_Neon_LED_Lighting/Dashboard_LED_Bulbs/dashboard_led_bulbs.html

Comment

how strange,i was just giving myself permission to led up my dash and i see this thread!!!

heres what i was gunna buy 2moro,what do u think?(blue led)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HI-LUX-SURF-BL...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer

http://www.the-internet-shop.co.uk/Car_Neon_LED_Lighting/Dashboard_LED_Bulbs/dashboard_led_bulbs.html
              Some nice stuff on there, you might find leds for the 4 small gauges vince,
              Feel like pimpin it right up, UVs underneath, loopylights all over, Gonna look
              on there for 5 small roof marker lights though, Ian

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
                how strange,i was just giving myself permission to led up my dash and i see this thread!!!

heres what i was gunna buy 2moro,what do u think?(blue led)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HI-LUX-SURF-BL...QQcmdZViewItem
                be carefull, Heard some bad reports on that, (not very bright etc) If you got 60 quid to through away you can go for that white gauge indiglow mod,
                (see my thread, "gutted") i cant afford that so gonna do it with "loose LEDs
                you know make my own lights up, ian

Comment

Some nice stuff on there, you might find leds for the 4 small gauges vince,
                  Feel like pimpin it right up, UVs underneath, loopylights all over, Gonna look
                  on there for 5 small roof marker lights though, Ian

Ahem........not a very good pic, but they are amber LEDs fitted into a new A-bar cross brace.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 January 2006, 22:26.

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer

Oh yeah, those are the smaller lights for the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Ahem........not a very good pic, but they are amber LEDs fitted into a new A-bar cross brace.
                      they look excellent at night!

give off as much light as a much bigger lamp.
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Looks good, Thinking of something like that along the front of roof, Marker
                        lights, amber or blue? Dont know if there leagal but seen em on hgvs, I can
                        see you lighting up the underside, yet hehe,

Comment

i'll see if i can find the link to police website... but all colours are legal except RED (which can only be used on the rear) and blue CANNOT flash.

Comment

from the Thames Valley Police website

Q:Is it illegal to fit or use blue lights on my vehicle?A:The answer depends on the type of lights concerned. The law on this area is governed by the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989. It is worth expanding on some of these regulations:
                            • regulation 11(1) states; "No vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which is capable of showing a red light to the front ...." (with certain exceptions, including side marker lamps and reflectors, some types of warning beacon, and others)
                            • regulation 11(2) deals with rear lights and states; "No vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which is capable of showing any light to the rear, other than a red light ....." (again with exceptions including indicators, reversing lights, registration plate lights, warning beacons and others)
                            • regulation 16 restricts the fitting of blue lights of specific types; “beacons” which by definition rotate through 360 degrees, and “special lamps” which by definition are capable of emitting a blue flashing light
                            • regulation 27 states that lights should not cause undue dazzle or discomfort.
                            In simple terms this means a red light cannot be shown to the front but any other colour can (with restrictions and exceptions), and only a red light can be shown to the rear (again with certain exceptions). Therefore, showing a fixed light (other than a red light) to the front is generally not an offence under the current regulations unless it is bright enough to cause undue dazzle or discomfort.

We have also received queries on blue lights mounted under vehicles, with their light visible indirectly from a reflection on the road. A legal precedent has yet to be established, and we would advise any members of the public who are in doubt to seek their own legal advice on this particular type of light.

Members of the public should be aware that any lights that clearly contravene the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations may be treated accordingly by the police.

Comment

Looks good, Thinking of something like that along the front of roof, Marker
                              lights, amber or blue? Dont know if there leagal but seen em on hgvs, I can
                              see you lighting up the underside, yet hehe,

I was gonna fit 5 of these to the roof but not at those prices. I'll speak to the guys in the motorcycling fraternity for some secondhand suppliers.
                              http://www.motorcycle-accessories-wa...3306ac6d68f012

They do chrome ones too!
                              Click on 'indicators' in the lefthand column in the link.
                              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 January 2006, 23:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X