rear bike rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear bike rack

hi i have seen surfs with bike racks fitted to the rear that hold two bikes but can anyone tell me where i can get one that holds three? i did have one of the two bike type but was unable to make three bikes fit.
    any ideas please?
    regards dan

Here's one ......

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozin...6ec1dadb9155bd

Comment

Halfords do a Thule one for three bikes I noticed tuther day. Has reflectors and stuff on it too. Oh and a big price tag!
      Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

If you contact Alurax and ask them about the Mottez 3 bike spare wheel carrier you will get a good carrier at a good price

You get one guess as to what I have and where from

PS I am NOT going back to a roof mounted system, my back has voted that out

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          If you contact Alurax and ask them about the Mottez 3 bike spare wheel carrier you will get a good carrier at a good price

You get one guess as to what I have and where from

PS I am NOT going back to a roof mounted system, my back has voted that out

Trev
          could have had that wide ladder i found on one of our first tennysons on the hippo now REMEMBER
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            could have had that wide ladder i found on one of our first tennysons on the hippo now REMEMBER
            That's the one that you should use for a replacement bull bar ?

Trev

Comment

QUOTE=UDTrev]That's the one that you should use for a replacement bull bar ?

Trev[/QUOTE] wot with all the cow sh1t on it
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                QUOTE=UDTrev]That's the one that you should use for a replacement bull bar ?

Trev
                wot with all the cow sh1t on it[/QUOTE]

cow, bull - all the same type of animal

Hmmmmmmm

Wonder if we should have flogged it to a P****o owner for a bull bar and ladder combo !!!!!!!!!!!!

Trev

Comment

I have a Maypole towbar mounted 3 bike carrier - £37.95 from towequipe

Its great! - slips on and off in about 30 seconds and you can still tow at the same time!

www.towequipe.co.uk
                  Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                    I have a Maypole towbar mounted 3 bike carrier - £37.95 from towequipe

Its great! - slips on and off in about 30 seconds and you can still tow at the same time!

www.towequipe.co.uk
                    wow you can change it while towing??? thats impressive!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      wow you can change it while towing??? thats impressive!

funny!

You know what i mean - you can use the bike carrier and tow a trailor at the same time..

However.. I suppose... If somwone were to stand on the trailor whilst you were towing then yes i suppose it would be posible to remove it at the same time... a little dangerous for me though
                      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

So everyone is ignoring my post then. is it because I found the cheapest? or does my 'cloaking' device work on here too?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          So everyone is ignoring my post then. is it because I found the cheapest? or does my 'cloaking' device work on here too?
                          I have a very similar one to this at the moment but they are meant for hatchbacks. The problem is the weight of the bikes is held by the straps but on the Surf the only way I could rig them up was to come through the back window. I rigged up the system through the eye holes in the back and ran the straps through the window as taught as they would go but it still puts stress on the back window when you put a bike on it. It is not ideal at all.

I am also looking for a replacement bike holder due to this very fact. I want one that fits to the tow bar but only need to carry a couple of bikes.
                          Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

I use towbar mounted pendle bike carriers
                            much more secure than bike carriers that strap to back of car.

this place has a good selection:

www.roofbox.co.uk
                            Landcruiser Colorado
                            Sub. Forester

Comment

O.k. good call!
                              I forgot not everyone has roof rails like me. Still nice to know that my cloaking device is switched off then!

Comment

Working...
                              X