yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance valuations for Imports anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance valuations for Imports anyone?

So, following some dirty tea leaf half inching my smurf, I finally got to speak to the 'theft validation team' today . should have been a 48 hour response, but its been 10 days...

In advance of a paltry offer of 5 quid and four bags of crisps for it, does anyone know where I can get a valuation for imports? I feel the need to haggle with NIG (the insurance co)

Parkers and Glass only do UK spec

Your best bet is to trawl through Autotrader online and pick out all the highest priced examples from dealers and print them off. As far as I know there is no real 'retail price list' for imports, and if they go off trade prices.... well doesn't bear thinking about.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie
      So, following some dirty tea leaf half inching my smurf, I finally got to speak to the 'theft validation team' today . should have been a 48 hour response, but its been 10 days...

In advance of a paltry offer of 5 quid and four bags of crisps for it, does anyone know where I can get a valuation for imports? I feel the need to haggle with NIG (the insurance co)

Parkers and Glass only do UK spec

get some prices from garages, should be enough
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        get some prices from garages, should be enough
        Cheers, thats what I thought - rather than private...

I did do a search on here but didn't find anything about official guides, so figured they don't exist!

I did find a nice bit of advice on the financial ombudsmans website though regarding the term "market value"...

Of course there can be genuine debates about what represents a fair market value. Our starting point is to consider the approach the firm has taken. We would expect it to have consulted the normal trade guides and to have allowed for any difference from the norm in the car’s mileage or condition. In most cases, the firm should have assessed the market value as equivalent to the ‘guide retail price’ (the price that a member of the public might reasonably expect to pay at a dealership).

Sometimes the firm will argue that it would be fairer to use the ‘guide trade value’ (the price that a motor trader might pay). Normally this will be less than the market price that the policyholder will have to pay to replace the car. However, the trade value may be a useful indicator where the car was not in ‘guide retail’ condition or where there is evidence that the customer intended to buy a replacement privately.
        And that, makes me a lot happier, knowing that dealers are still charging well over 3k for 1992 2.4 2nd Gens

Comment

Working...
        X