No announcement yet.

lifting kits??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think ive got enough to get a discount but really need 3 more or so...thats why im going to put standard coils in to get a proper perception of what is right. As currently we were going to get some made up that would be 1" less. But since i checked this last week and took photos it seems a 1" reduction from what i have would still be more than the 2" lift that ppl want. So by going down and measuring the differences then ill have a better figure to give the guy who makes the springs. p.s im going to get him to check the milners standard ones first before fitting them...
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      We've had good results with Procomp rear coils, they're not all bad unless heavily abused. I still see trucks I fitted the kits to last year that still look 'pert'

LA Supertrux don't sell procomp coils, they come from 'down under' last set I fitted were made by Beldon springs in Oz
      how much do you charge for fitting??
      if i get all the parts sorted
      [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
        I have the ES3000 explorer shocks all round. And LC hdj80 rear coils that are down rated for a better ride. I also put balljoint spacers in the front but these are coming out because i cant get the suspension set up properly.....

Theres alot of ppl who want decent 2" lift coils. As milners only do uprated standard height coils at the moment.....

Are the balljoint spacers for sale Steve? and how are they preventing you from setting up the suspension?

Comment

Ball joint spacers are from Jim Brown??? in usa. They are for sale but i think mine are the 1.5" ones and from http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/ProductLine.shtml

But if you look here http://www.hiluxsurf.net/index1.htm he says that his spacers are only 20mm so you dont have to modify the top of the A arm. I think that because mine are quite big the ppl at Toyota cannot get correct geometry settings although TonyN has said he knows a local place that sets em up fine.....its the castor and camber stuff thats a problem. What i have also done is lower the front diff using 22mm spacers on the rear mounts and trimed the exhaust sheild. The aussie guy has a 2.4 and could lower his dif more, with mine moved down slightly lets the front drive shafts sit at a better angle.

Comment

Jim Brown???.
            Roger
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              Roger
              Thats the man!!!!!! Boy am i glad your here to pull me out the **** LOL

Comment

Thats the man!!!!!! Boy am i glad your here to pull me out the **** LOL
                makes a change from me dropping myself in it!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You can get lift kits from either of these places. If you do a search you might find the threads about me getting someone to make some as the coils you will buy with the kits will lift your back end by 2" but will not be uprated and will sag once a bag of shopping is put in the back. So intend on getting some made up that are uprated such like the standard milners uprated coils. It will take a little longer as im going to get some milners coils to get a standard height measurment since no one replyied to my requestes for standard heights and heights of surf's with the 2" lift coils added.

i have just taken the standard springs off of mine and they are 15.5 inches long and the ride height all round b4 they were taken off is 21.5 inches i havent got round to lifting the front end yet so i cant give you a proper measurement with a 2in lift hope this helps and not too late for you
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    i have just taken the standard springs off of mine and they are 15.5 inches long and the ride height all round b4 they were taken off is 21.5 inches i havent got round to lifting the front end yet so i cant give you a proper measurement with a 2in lift hope this helps and not too late for you
                    Cheers, im still going to do it though. Then i can get an accurate 'fitted' length as this is the most important number. What height do you have now the 2" coils are fitted?

Comment

Working...
                    X