Dipstick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipstick

i cant beleive i did this.topped up water oil etc the other day and was informed we needed to go to sainsburys urgently before all the food ran out! packed up,rushed off and have just noticed the engine oil dipstick i had put down on top of the head must be somewhere between home and shop(approx 10 miles).does anyone know:where i can get a replacement and how can i check there is still enough oil in the old bus.

Originally posted by blacky
    i cant beleive i did this.topped up water oil etc the other day and was informed we needed to go to sainsburys urgently before all the food ran out! packed up,rushed off and have just noticed the engine oil dipstick i had put down on top of the head must be somewhere between home and shop(approx 10 miles).does anyone know:where i can get a replacement and how can i check there is still enough oil in the old bus.
    You dipstick!

See if someone local can lead you yours to check the level, then plug the hole till you get a new one. Your'll probably have to go to Toyota to get one, or find a 2.4 deisel motor in a sc rapyard.

(PS, your not alone.......... )
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If you have a mooch under the bonnet you (if you have a 2.4L) will probably find that it is on top of the air con rad. Every thing I dropped ended up there anyway.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        If you have a mooch under the bonnet you (if you have a 2.4L) will probably find that it is on top of the air con rad. Every thing I dropped ended up there anyway.

Its not just me then.........................

Comment

HeHe, Been there Done that, Dip sticks and fuel caps should have a little
          chain on,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

There's a guy breaking a V6 on eBay. Loads of bits available, and there's a shot of the engine showing a little yellow-tipped stick...

Toyota Surf Breaking - eBay.co.uk

I know this is a petrol V6, and yours is a diesel, but I thought you may wanna contact the guy and see. If he only wants a couple of quid for the stick it may be worth a shot. Good luck buddy.
            _______
            /_/ _ | 0\__
            \,...__,..._ /
            _(o)__(o)_

Comment

Order one from Toyota. I reckon you will be able to use the transmission dip stick, at least you will see if there is oil in the sump?

Comment

Working...
              X