2"lift question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2"lift question

hi all i have got a 2" lift kit from roughtrax can someone tell me if the old springs on my surf should be the same size as the new springs i know this is a stupid question but i thought the new ones should be taller by 2in and what should the overall ride height be with a 2in lift thanks for any help
    and i have got es3000 shocks with it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

I think you'll find that the 2" lift springs are roughly the same height as your old ones when off the truck. The lift comes from the fact that the new springs have a higher rate and therefore deflect less when loaded. You'll probably find that they lift the truck by around 1 - 1.5" compared to your old setup. One spring will probably be longer than the other - this goes on the drivers side.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      I think you'll find that the 2" lift springs are roughly the same height as your old ones when off the truck. The lift comes from the fact that the new springs have a higher rate and therefore deflect less when loaded. You'll probably find that they lift the truck by around 1 - 1.5" compared to your old setup. One spring will probably be longer than the other - this goes on the drivers side.

thanks for that gamedawn i never had much to do with suspension b4 so just wanted to make sure i wasn't sent the wrong springs by mistake.they were marked o/s and n/s so no probs there
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hello mate - i've just had the roughtrax (pro comp )kit fitted. The front are a little longer but the rears are significantly shorter - it lifted mine by 2.5" so with settlement it should be 2" taller

Regards,

alex

edit: oops might be a stoopid post since mine is a 3rd gen
        Last edited by _cj_; 28 December 2005, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
        X