wiring dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring dilema

Anyone got a wiring diagram for PIAA lamps ?
    I was given a set of DLAA lamps for Crimbo, but they dont have a relay with them !!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggg gggggg !!
    Not a problem I thought, I have all the original PIAA wiring harness fitted, should be straight forward enough.
    Lamps are fitted..... nothing works....... double aaaaaggggggg.
    I have fitted to the dash, the original PIAA switch, this has 3 wires coming from it, black,red, white. This switch contains 2 LED's, green and red. So now I am real confussed....... anyone a billy whizz with these things ?
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

the three wires to the switch are the +ve (from battery) +ve (to lamps) and -ve (earth)

i guess the "red" light would be off and the green light would be "on"

are there 2 wires to each lamp, or just one?... they may earth (-ve) through the bumper... which should work ok as it's solid mounted (not on rubber)... but it might help to earth it of the paint is insulating it.

um... hope that made sense... the vodka's still in effect!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

each lamp has its own feed from the relay... ie, earth and +ve are from relay for each lamp.

Comment

i guess that's just cos they're a bit higher owered than std lamps so use 4 wires instead of 1 thick one??

is it just a 2 position on/off switch?

wiring diagram may help a little.
        Attached Files

Comment

the relay should have a little diagram on it too... showing which pin is switch, supply, load, gnd etc. etc.

Comment

The old lamps weren't dippers were they? or lights with a pilot?

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
              The old lamps weren't dippers were they? or lights with a pilot?
              you beat me to it the switch on my lamps has red and green light one is full power the other is dipped or reduced power

Comment

Originally posted by paul jones
                you beat me to it the switch on my lamps has red and green light one is full power the other is dipped or reduced power
                I think that must be the problem...... originals must have been dippers, its what is called a three pole switch.
                Loved the alcohol induced drawing by Matt, thanks for that one.
                I put a meter across the switch, and I get a voltage drop when the switch is operated.
                So now I have assertained whats what .... a rewire is the order of the day.... damn.... nothing is ever simple with Toymotas is it !

Comment

This may help!!!!

Have a look at this site. They have a whole list of wiring diagrams for spots /driving lamps.
                  http://www.powerfuluk.com/Bulbs_and_Wiring.htm

All the best

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
                    I think that must be the problem...... originals must have been dippers, its what is called a three pole switch.
                    I put a meter across the switch, and I get a voltage drop when the switch is operated.
                    So now I have assertained whats what .... a rewire is the order of the day.... damn.... nothing is ever simple with Toymotas is it !
                    hi chis are your new lamps fogs or spots ive got fogs that dim just been out and checked just standard bulbs fitted so if fitting fog lamps your wireing should be ok i think the japs only use dipped fogs in town

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
                      !
                      haing a touch pad, not a mouse doesn't help... but the hands are shaking!!

only 4 days work and then back to it (drink) again!

Comment

Working...
                      X