X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Warnings Issued

Current warnings:

EARLY WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

EARLY WARNING of Heavy Snow Issued by the Met Office at 09:45 on Sunday, 25 December

OVERALL RISK ASSESSMENT: The probability of disruption due to severe weather conditions in parts of the United Kingdom within the next 4 days is 80 percent.
    This warning is an update to that issued at 09:45 on Saturday 24 December 2005.
    The Met Office expects snow showers to develop over eastern parts of the United Kingdom from Boxing day evening onwards. The showers will become heavy and prolonged in places.
    There is potential for several centimetres of snow to occur widely, and in excess of 15cm in a few locations, with Kent and parts of E Anglia most vulnerable to the heavier falls. Icy roads will be an additional hazard.
    Some travel disruption is expected.
    This warning will be updated by 1000, tomorrow, Boxing Day.

Looking good!
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 27 December 2005, 10:39.

YIIIIIIIIIIIIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Neville, will you stop teasing us with these snow reports.
      I live in Wales, nearly 1000 feet above sea level where you would expect it to snow and we get nuffink.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Neville, will you stop teasing us with these snow reports.
        I live in Wales, nearly 1000 feet above sea level where you would expect it to snow and we get nuffink.
        do you need breathing aparatus?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

It won't snow because they say it will. I shall clean my sledge runners up when they say the danger has passed.
          That's all.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            do you need breathing aparatus?
            bound to living in wales.
            mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Alright for you guys, i still have 2 weeks and 6 days until my surf is ready, bah humbug.

Oh yes and my TV has just exploded (literally), even that couldnt take the **** thats been on this year.
              Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

2 weeks and 6 days? that's very precise!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  2 weeks and 6 days? that's very precise!
                  depends... 7 or 5 day week??
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

7 day week and now its 2 weeks and 5 days and yes i am bloomin counting.
                    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Julian Calendar ?

Comment

Updated- looking good for SE:

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather.../warnings.html

EARLY WARNING OF SEVERE WEATHER

EARLY WARNING of Heavy Snow Issued by the Met Office at 09:45 on Monday, 26 December

OVERALL RISK ASSESSMENT: The probability of disruption due to severe weather conditions in parts of the United Kingdom within the next 4 days is 90 percent.
                        This warning is an update to that issued at 09:45 on Sunday 25 December 2005.
                        The Met Office expects snow showers to develop over eastern parts of the United Kingdom from Boxing day evening onwards. The showers will become heavy and prolonged in places.
                        Several centimetres of snow are expected to occur quite widely, and in excess of 15cm is possible in a few locations, with parts of Kent and Essex most vulnerable to the heavier falls, notably during Tuesday. Icy stretches roads will be an additional hazard on untreated surfaces. Some coastal regions exposed to the north will be a little less cold and may well escape the worst conditions.
                        Travel disruption is expected.
                        Unless superseded by the issue of flash messages, this warning will be updated by 1000, tomorrow, Tuesday 27th December.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon811
                          Alright for you guys, i still have 2 weeks and 6 days until my surf is ready, bah humbug.

Oh yes and my TV has just exploded (literally), even that couldnt take the **** thats been on this year.
                          Still time to change your mind and get a burgundy one then... they are faster you know...
                          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Nearly 1/2cm of snow here in Warks- dare I hope it keeps falling? Anything to keep SWMBO from the sales......

Comment

weve had about an inch here in rotherham, need more so i can play.....
                              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
                              X