£1726.07 to check auto box fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £1726.07 to check auto box fluid

just had my car back from the garage this morning its been in for box rebuild under warrenty, total cost just over 1700 quids!!

turns out the mechanic at the garage took off a seal from the gearbox, and a plunger fell out... because he couldnt find the dipstick for the transmission...

gearbox died... garage have paid the bill and have been pleasant and friendly throughout, no complaints there. and funnily enough the 'mechanic' has now been sacked.

still i am amazed at how well the garage has handled this throughout, from a small used car firm not to try to pass on a cost of cylinder head and gearbox rebuild to me is outstanding. never come across a dealer like this before, think i know where ill be going at trade in time
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Maybe you should give them a plug,we're always quick to name and shame,let's name and praise for a change.It's good to hear that not all garages are robbing b'stards