Refound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refound...

... the Surf grin factor Just picked up the SDV from Mr TonyN. Great job, it's running sweeter then when it went in. Forgotten just how comfortable the Surf is after running round in our MX5 for the past few months, like driving an armchair in comparison!
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Trev

Ps Hippo wants to know if SDV fancies seeing the Firle run over xmas ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
      ... the Surf grin factor Just picked up the SDV from Mr TonyN. Great job, it's running sweeter then when it went in. Forgotten just how comfortable the Surf is after running round in our MX5 for the past few months, like driving an armchair in comparison!

Thats great news
      So when you coming out to play again
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Well she needs to be run in as it was a complete engine rebuild so I've got to take it easy for a while...

the Firle run might be ok Trev as it's a gentle trek, though I don't have much time off over Xmas I'll see if I've got a day when I can get a day pass!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
          Well she needs to be run in as it was a complete engine rebuild so I've got to take it easy for a while...

the Firle run might be ok Trev as it's a gentle trek, though I don't have much time off over Xmas I'll see if I've got a day when I can get a day pass!
          Okey dokey, give me a bell when you ready to sort out a date etc.

The 29th is a no no - got the trawl to Chertsey

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
            Thats great news
            So when you coming out to play again
            you think he will come out to play again???

glad to hear its fixed mate
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Good stuff dude, you can change your User Title back now (if you even noticed I changed it!! )

The way my lucks run with Charlie and Shineys trucks this week I was half expecting a phone call last night, spent the night in the pub looking at the phone from missed calls! :paraniod:

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tony,

this was the one with the lovely engine block...?

Snoop, can we have some pictures of the finished.... article...?

It looked very nice indeed... very interested to see how that works out once its run in...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Good stuff dude, you can change your User Title back now (if you even noticed I changed it!! )

The way my lucks run with Charlie and Shineys trucks this week I was half expecting a phone call last night, spent the night in the pub looking at the phone from missed calls! :paraniod:

Well...

I stopped for some diesel and a caffein fix on the way back and when I tried to restart the truck it turned over very slowly and wouldn't catch until eventually it just died and I got nothing, not even instrument lights

I called the RAC as it was nothing to do with your work and I knew you were out somewhere. I figured the batteries had perished in the cold for the last few months. Turns out it was that dodgy earth cable on the battery terminal you pointed out!!! It seemed to have cracked even more while running and so it never stood a chance. A bit of fabrication with the RAC mans tools and a Ford battery connector and it was soon right as rain and never missed a beat after that

It's so much smoother then I remember it, which could just be me having not driven it for a while but I don't think so. Also, although I was taking it very easy, I got a hint of some healthy grunt off a roundabout which caught me unawares - it seemed to kick in much earlier in the revs which was a suprise. I'll confirm all this when I'm able to toe it a bit more

Comment

Working...
                  X