Cable TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable TV

Does anyone know if its possible to connect 2 cable boxes to 1 cable and if so what would I need to do it.

Just get a spliter, i am no expert but i have cable broad band with my tv and all there is is a spliter. Id assume i could install another ntl cable modem to the same connection if i wanted...........
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

For gods sake do not go down and get one of those awful y pieces that you see every where they cause more trouble than they are worth... you need one that uses f type plugs
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Just a word of warning, having worked for a cable TV company. If the second box is "dodgy" the cable company will know about it as it has to communicate with their systems, so you could well find they decide to cut you off altogether for using a non-supplied box. And that is dead easy to do as I've done it myself to non-paying customers. Boy, do they get irate but tough, no pay, no play!!

Yes, the system will work with two boxes but they both have to be recognised and approved by the software in the local "switch".
        Mike G

Comment

quite correct... we nicked a box off the NTL man... it worked for 5 mins... then 10 mins later he came and asked for his box back!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X