tail pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail pipe

Can anyone help ? just bought a tail pipe for my 3.0TD KZN130 from milners and there s no rear silencer box is this right ? having look on another site I think it was roughtrax they show the tail pipe without the silencer as being for the manual model, it looks like it will fit but I'd rather fit the right one.

Originally posted by Born2ski
    Can anyone help ? just bought a tail pipe for my 3.0TD KZN130 from milners and there s no rear silencer box is this right ? having look on another site I think it was roughtrax they show the tail pipe without the silencer as being for the manual model, it looks like it will fit but I'd rather fit the right one.
    i think they come in two bits you have a long tail pipe and then the middle section that comes with the silencer and they are the same for manual or auto but would phone roughtrax to confirm it
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

says on milners that the box is separate... 002796 - £75.00

Front pipe 002794 £95.00
      Pipe No2 002795 £42.00
      Box No3 002796 £75.00
      Tail pipe No.4 002797 £40.00
      Last edited by da SLUG man; 20 December 2005, 22:37.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=159
        ye i see what you mean more sections than i thought it does have diffrent tailpipes for manual and auto.to the naughty corner i go
        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

The middle box is the large silencer which I have already changed, only to find the rear tail pipe blowing, the current tail pipe has a small silencer the new tail pipe has no silencer, but milners only list one so naturally I didn't give it a second thought, bought the middle box off parts plaza £89 including Vat and post and packaging next day delivery and it fits perfectly well chuffed, but I need to be satisfied I've got the right tail pipe or as near as before fitting it tomorrow MOT about a week overdue at the mo. also are leaking rubbers on the ball joints a MOT failure there's no wear in the joints but damage the rubbers doing the CV boots on the off side.

Comment

my 3.0 (3rd gen) only has 1 box so i can't see it being a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              my 3.0 (3rd gen) only has 1 box so i can't see it being a problem...
              Is yours Auto or manual transmission the way it looks from the roughtrax site and a few others the auto has a small silencer on the rear tail pipe the manual doesn't ? Mine's 94 I don't think the later model had this small silencer

Comment

mines auto... i know the silencer you mean... only the size of 2 bean tins?

Comment

Is yours Auto or manual transmission the way it looks from the roughtrax site and a few others the auto has a small silencer on the rear tail pipe the manual doesn't ? Mine's 94 I don't think the later model had this small silencer
                  Mine is a manual 4 runner with the extra box!! work that one out!! probably depends how good the middle box baffles are that you are fitting, different manufacturers may have a different line up!
                  THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by crazybitch
                    Mine is a manual 4 runner with the extra box!! work that one out!! probably depends how good the middle box baffles are that you are fitting, different manufacturers may have a different line up!
                    Oh well! fitted tail pipe anyway seems to fit ok maybe a bit longer than the one I removed and doesn't seem to be any louder, next time I think I may buy both parts from parts plaza, seems to be better quality than milners and more like the OEM part. Cheers for all your help anyway.

Comment

the very last box that comes down and over the axle is a resonator box and not fitted to all Surfs/Runners.
                      When I changed the exhaust on my 2.4 I bought one for a 3.0 and had the resonator box cut off and the rear pipe was altered to exit right behind the rear whel.
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                        the very last box that comes down and over the axle is a resonator box and not fitted to all Surfs/Runners.
                        When I changed the exhaust on my 2.4 I bought one for a 3.0 and had the resonator box cut off and the rear pipe was altered to exit right behind the rear whel.
                        The smaller rear box isn't actually required. As Koi said, removal makes fitting a sensible offroad exhaust easier.

Comment

Working...
                        X