Windscreen Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Trim

A small stone chip on my windscreen has developed into a very long crack.

I called my insurance company to get screen replaced. Technician came out last Monday but can't/won't replace the screen as he can't get the chrome trim off, the top and bottom parts of trim are moulded to my windscreen. He doesn't really want to replace the chrome with 'nasty black stuff' (his words).

So, now it's Saturday morning and have just phoned them again and their purchasing department are having problems finding the trim. Can anyone on here help me point them in the right direction. As it's an import apparently they can't work from the chassis number.

Before you all start shouting at me I have used the 'search' button but the thread I came across was a couple of years old.

how about milners or roughtrax jen try them they might be able to help
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

taken from EPC Disk

Part number 75331-35102 [Moulding Windshield Outer Upper] KZN130, LN107,108,109,112,VZN130,YN107
      Attached Files
      Gaz

Comment

OOps...just re-read article and realised you have LN130
        Gaz

Comment

Upper part:- 75531-35100
          Lower part:- 75504-89104
          LH Side:- 76504-89104
          RH Side:- 76503-89104
          Last edited by Gamedawn; 17 December 2005, 11:24.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

The Autoglass man replaced my windscreen last Summer and refitted the original chrome trim. If it is Autoglass coming out I will try to get the fitters name off the invoice. He lives in Luton anyway. It took him about three hours from start to finish but he did a great job.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

I have had a look on the invoice and there is no clue to the fitters name. He told me that if a fitter can't save your original trim they are being lazy!!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Autoglass had to get mine through TOYOTA as the chrome trim is very hard to remove without damaging it. Also quote 4runner as they be able to source it quicker.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

What the guy did with mine was to carefully trim off the chrome trim with a very sharp knife. It takes two people to lower it to the ground without bending it because it is very flimsy. He fitted the surround supplied with the screen and trimmed off the black rubber, then he bonded the original chrome trim to what was left of the replacement surround. You can't see the join on mine. I was so impressed I wrote to Autoglass recommending that he be commended for his professionalism. Unfortunately I sorted out all my files on the PC a couple of weeks ago and deleted a lot of old letters. DOH!

Doesn't help much but here is a link to my original post.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...=Autoglass+Guy
                  Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 17 December 2005, 13:08.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                    Upper part:- 75531-35100
                    Lower part:- 75504-89104
                    LH Side:- 76504-89104
                    RH Side:- 76503-89104

Thanks for that.

The technician phoned me yesterday saying that their purchasing department were still having problems, so I gave him the above part numbers.

And still waiting....................... ..

Doesn't look like it's going to happen this year.

Comment

We've just had Ashleys screen replaced, they re-used all the old trim and did a good job. (National Windscreens) Although the first guy turned up with a Hilux Pickup 'string-in screen' then 2 days later 2 vans turned up with a Genuine Toyota screen and took about 3 hours to fit it! All for £150!!!!!
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        We've just had Ashleys screen replaced, they re-used all the old trim and did a good job. (National Windscreens) Although the first guy turned up with a Hilux Pickup 'string-in screen' then 2 days later 2 vans turned up with a Genuine Toyota screen and took about 3 hours to fit it! All for £150!!!!!
                        See! It can be done.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          then 2 days later 2 vans turned up with a Genuine Toyota screen
                          Did they have half each ?
                          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                          X