yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vine's at it agian - this time it's bull bars !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
    Whats ya problem......
    Fosters fuelled internet smartassedness!

I had Nerf bars on the front of my old Yank pickup, they are normally just a straight bar on each bumper mount, for pushing/ bumpstarting stock cars.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
      Someone phoned the show and said.... the australians invented these bars, and called them Roo bars (duh).... and that there was no need for them here as there are no Roo's in London.
      Oh yeah..... just cos ya cant see any Roo's dont mean there are'nt any there though does it !!!
      I'd love to meet JV and happy slap him and post the video from my phone of me doing it on here.

not true
      i live near whipsnade zoo and there are hundreds of wallabys living all over the downs

they escaped and now live wild
      [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

i saw a dead kangaroo / wallaby/ jumpy thing on the edge of the A329(M) just outside Bracknell.

anyway, crumple zones are to absorb impact and slow the vehicle protecting the occupants...
        shaped front ends that scoop people up and bounce them onto the bonnet are for pedestrians...
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hahaha!!... whatever next!.. "should vehicles have cowbells so we can hear them coming?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio2/F2...thread=1721333
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

HAD allways quite like jv untill today, in my defence only here him occasionaly!
            now goes on the list with that stupid b*tch janet street porter
            Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              hahaha!!... whatever next!.. "should vehicles have cowbells so we can hear them coming?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio2/F2...thread=1721333

How about bringing back that bloke who used to walk in front of cars warning people with a red flag?

he may be a bit too old for it now tho'

Comment

how about bringing back jy...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

[QUOTE=TonyN]Fosters fuelled internet smartassedness!

So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    I had Nerf bars on the front of my old Yank pickup, they are normally just a straight bar on each bumper mount, for pushing/ bumpstarting stock cars.

Have you got a picture of that? I took my A bars off cos they were rusty, and never put any back on becuase they just look a bit chelsea tractor to me. If I am picturing what you describe right, then you are talking about just a tube up in front of the bumper, but nothing crossways, like the nudge bars on american policecars in kojak/hill street blues etc.

KInda sounds like it could be functional, subtle, and just a bit different. Could also maybe form mounting points outside the valence for a removable which mounting plate that just bolts on for off road days.

thoughts?

Comment

Can someone post the actual page where the poll is please?

Comment

Am I missing something here????

If you have a 4X4 with a bull/A/nudge etc bar on and you hit a person, you are going to damage the person because of the bar being the impactor. Lower bar breaks legs and top bar crushes the chest

If you hit a person with a 4X4 without a bar on, you are going to hit them with a bonnet edge at low chest height, the bumper will break their legs and the grill will crumple and the bonnet edge will crush the upper body. Spot the differance???

The bar is there to protect the car body work from animals that stray onto the road, but anyone who has ever hit anything and have a bar on their truck will vouch, that the damn bar causes as much damage when it folds backwards and dents the wings or bonnet

Bull/A/nudge bars are astetic, they look good, they can be loaded up with spot lights and make a vehicle look more agressive or they are a hazard and an eye sore depending on your point of view. I have an A bar for my smurf but I havn't fit it yet, only had the bar 3 months though.

Fish
                        If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]How about bringing back that bloke who used to walk in front of cars warning people with a red flag?

How about fitting red flags to the bar
                          It would save having a bod infront slowing down the truck and being at risk from the bullbar
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

If Jimmy Young is still alive......bring him back NOW!!!!!.............Even if he's dead................still bring him back.................anything is better than listening to that drivelling idiot Vine!!!!