Slippin and a slidin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippin and a slidin

I have dunlop grandtreks fitted all round, seem fairly good for minor off road use but as the roads get colder and greasier I've noticed da surf gettin a bit sideways, pulling out needs carefull thought ie road surface (the reddy coloured tarmac in cities is like driving on frozen mackeral). Pulling out going uphill etc etc

Even bootin it on at 15-25 mph gives a fair bit of spin, while this was deadly craic and very amusing at the start I have started to get a bit peeved at the amount of spin, is this normal? if not tyre, suspension or right foot related??

Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Originally posted by elmerfudd
    I have dunlop grandtreks fitted all round, seem fairly good for minor off road use but as the roads get colder and greasier I've noticed da surf gettin a bit sideways, pulling out needs carefull thought ie road surface (the reddy coloured tarmac in cities is like driving on frozen mackeral). Pulling out going uphill etc etc

Even bootin it on at 15-25 mph gives a fair bit of spin, while this was deadly craic and very amusing at the start I have started to get a bit peeved at the amount of spin, is this normal? if not tyre, suspension or right foot related??

Why do you think its called a SURF
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

My XR4i used to do that on the red asphalt. If stopped on it, and went to pull away, the rear wheels would just spin and the car wouldn't move.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
        Why do you think its called a SURF
        Eh? theres a big badge, who are u stevie wonder?

Comment

Eh? theres a big badge, who are u stevie wonder?
          you numpty...... surf..... re surfing..... re sliding around... as like on a surf board..... WAKE UP...

Comment

Ha ha ha ha WAKE! ha haha ha

very good.

Comment

you numpty...... surf..... re surfing..... re sliding around... as like on a surf board..... WAKE UP...

bless my ignorance and inability to read!! i thought u meant why am i callin it a SURF!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOH!! must be the accent/language barrier..........

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Ha ha ha ha WAKE! ha haha ha

very good.
                Maybe I should have put... SURFS UP

Comment

bless my ignorance and inability to read!! i thought u meant why am i callin it a SURF!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOH!! must be the accent/language barrier..........
                  .... I wasnt picking on ya...... just teasing ok........

Comment

wish i'da been born smart instead of gorgeous

Comment

.... I wasnt picking on ya...... just teasing ok........
                      walked into that one i would have done the same if i was you!!

Comment

Well, you can't have it all!
                        I can tho'

Comment

This used to happen to me at first(used to drive sports cars)then one day i thought,if i dont stop this i'm going to bash someone,so easy on the loud peddal
                          and turn the corners,dont slide through them and it stopped sliding about---------well almost,still have a bit of a bash sometimes--

Comment

Don't worry my friend. I have brand new Grandtrecks fitted to mine, and when the road is greasy she is slippier than a jellied eel. The only problem you have is if you need to make a fast get away at a junction or roundabout. Just give yourself plent of time. Be VERY carefull when you are driving on a frosty road though, as I had mine sideways even though I was VERY careful and only doing about 15mph around a right hand bend. To say my ar*e twitched is an understatement.

Comment

slippin n slidin sufin the tarmac

walked into that one i would have done the same if i was you!!
                              them tyres you have are a hard compound an in the cold they get harder
                              how much air do you have in them? too much an you will be slidin around the surf dont av a lot of weight over the rear so you could put about 5 bags o sand in the boot that a cheap way the other is to get some better tyres if you wana keep it cheap go for a set o ColwayAT if you ave a little more to spend go for BFGs ATs the last forever them in the know call em the million mile tyre then again be lighter wi the right foot n check you aint leakin fuel on to your rear tyre hop it helps golly gone

Comment

Working...
                              X