she crashed my truck......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she crashed my truck......

Hi all the wife backed my truck into a parked car today , not to much damage and being a painter no cost on both .
    But o/s/r/ courner just folded in and it looks like it has rotted waffer thin and only the paint and some filler that is under it was all that was holding it together.
    I will check the rest but it looks like new bumpers if they are all the some..
    john
    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Originally posted by johnd
    Hi all the wife backed my truck into a parked car today , not to much damage and being a painter no cost on both .
    But o/s/r/ courner just folded in and it looks like it has rotted waffer thin and only the paint and some filler that is under it was all that was holding it together.
    I will check the rest but it looks like new bumpers if they are all the some..
    john

www.milneroffroad.com about £68 for the chrome corner end
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

the problem is , the bumpers are painted silver but it looks like chrome under it .
      i will have a proper look in the light.
      john...

Comment

Reminds me of the first time my ex-wife reversed the car out of the garage. I had reversed into the garage the night before!!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

the wife did comment on the dirt on the rear window and lack vision.
          the bloke she hit was very nice and is not doing the whiplash thing.
          ( tescos car park )
          but i have had a few cups of tea and few beers fetched for me so i may milk it a bit longer ....
          john

Comment

If it helps, My misses used a new honda jaz as her front ABS a few months ago.

Now the honda is JAZZED and my A bar is about 5 degrees steeper than before¬!

Glad the surf was ok but used the opertunity to get er a fiesta! lol

Comment

there's a few of us in this "my missus bashed my truck" club, we had ours 2 weeks before my missus s****ed the rear wheel arch down a low wall...

but the damage I've done to it in various offroad play sessions since, I can't really get away with any sly comments any more!
              Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
                the wife did comment on the dirt on the rear window and lack vision.
                the bloke she hit was very nice and is not doing the whiplash thing.
                ( tescos car park )
                but i have had a few cups of tea and few beers fetched for me so i may milk it a bit longer ....
                john
                About a year is the usual period...........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                  About a year is the usual period...........

Mrs woodzie (aka MELONS) reversed mine into a wall after a year......... Dented the corner of the bumper .............. must be the norm then!!
                  Last edited by Woodzie; 13 December 2005, 09:07.
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i dont have a missus, so my uncle stuffed his maestro into the side of mine...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      i dont have a missus, so my uncle stuffed his maestro into the side of mine...
                      Is that a courtesy thing? Are you supposed to thank him for that...?

It's not even just my missus, my brothers girfriend started his car in gear and buried the front of his in the side of mine when I was helping them move...

Comment

i think courtesy was involved..
                        we both turned up at my parents place, he stopped, and waved me to go first up the drive, so i did, so he reversed into the side of me really rather firmly... surfs got a stuffed passenger door, maestros got a scratch on a previous dent....
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

For those older members.................who remember this, its got to be a good contender for "She Crashed My Truck"
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                            For those older members.................who remember this, its got to be a good contender for "She Crashed My Truck"
                            Fieldsy - you win!!!

Comment

Moral of the accident: Oak trees don't bend!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X