Spare tyre mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tyre mounting

Been usuing this site to get some good info for buying a Surf but have one further question. I can see that the 2nd Gen Surfs have the option of a underslung spare tyre mount is this option also available on 3 Gen models. So far any 3rd gen that I have seen have a rear door mounted spare. The reason I ask is that I need to fit a fairly big bike rack and it would be easy with the spare out of the way

BTW great site

PhilC

Yep, you can get underslung spares on the 3rd gen. I *think* they might be the SSR-X model.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Cameron
      Been usuing this site to get some good info for buying a Surf but have one further question. I can see that the 2nd Gen Surfs have the option of a underslung spare tyre mount is this option also available on 3 Gen models. So far any 3rd gen that I have seen have a rear door mounted spare. The reason I ask is that I need to fit a fairly big bike rack and it would be easy with the spare out of the way

BTW great site

PhilC
      All 2nd & 3rd Gens except the SSR-G have the spare wheels mounted underneath, at least according to their original spec, in practise however they are likely to have had the rear mount specified as an option when originally purchased, moreso on the 3rd Gen's. Keep looking, under-slung spares on the 3rd Gens can be found.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Here is a photo of a 3rd Gen that is what you are after. Unfortunately it has been sold, but he might get some more in if you want to send an email or call and ask???

http://www.fourtrackcars.com/
        Attached Files

Comment

i got one like that!

(ignore the ironing board on the roof!)
          Attached Files
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hehehe I remember that pic. It's the latest roof spoiler from Roughtrax innit?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Hehehe I remember that pic. It's the latest roof spoiler from Roughtrax innit?
              CHAVTASTIC!... in an extreme ironing style!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i see a vectra every day on the way to work and its got a spoiler , a big F1 style spoiler that is ajustable .
                but he has it set up so the the front edge is higher than the rear.( he got good lift)..
                john
                i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Thats to put more weight on the front wheels for traction!

Comment

Working...
                  X