Alternator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator help

Ok guys im in a bit of a pickle. Alternator went on my truck a week a go or so. Looked up the price of a new one.....£300!! Reconditioned one....£200!!

So looked on ebay and managed to get a second hand one for £45 ish. I new it was a risk if it would work or not but thought what the hell, there's a chance it'll save me a tone of money. Didn't even get as far as testing it.
    The ad on ebay said it came off a 92 2.4 td surf. mines a 93 2.4 td surf so thought it would be a straight swap. Oh no.... Aparently the one i bought has 2 wires coming out of it where when mine was taken out it had four wires coming out of it. Anybody have any idea why this is? I have pretty much zero knowledge on the workings of these engines so any help or info would be most appreciated.

So then, any body got a spair alternator they wanna sell me. Must be in good working order and have four wires coming out of it....

If it has 4 wires on it , it may have had an external regulator fitted . The petrol ones do on 1st gens and pick ups .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
    X