do i have to give it away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i have to give it away?

hi all,ive owned my surf for a year now.its a red ssrg 3.0 1994.its been a great car and not so long ago i took it to devils pit which was an amazing day.i was so impressed by how the surf performed,and the place was bogged out aswell.but now i need to sell it and i just cant seem to find genuine buyers anywhere!at first i had it up for 4800 then dropped to 4500 then 4200 then 4000 on autotrader.the i put it on ebay and it ended yesterday at 3000 but i didnt want to let it go at that price so i got me mate to bid on it at 3100.so i still have no sale.does anyone no what im doing wrong?am i expecting to much money?i would settle for 4000 maybe less.please help!!!!
    its a 94 ssrg 3.0.a-bar,rear mounted spare,turbo timer,toyota defectors its in good nick with tax and 10 monthes mot. this isnt a for sale ad but if anyone wants it i would genuinly make a payment to the site.
    i really just need selling hints,tips. thanks guys.

I think £4000 is about the most you'll get considering the time of year.
    Have you got any photos you could put on here? maybe it will catch someones eye. There have been a few people on here looking for 3.0 Surfs recently.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 December 2005, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
      hi all,ive owned my surf for a year now.its a red ssrg 3.0 1994.its been a great car and not so long ago i took it to devils pit which was an amazing day.i was so impressed by how the surf performed,and the place was bogged out aswell.but now i need to sell it and i just cant seem to find genuine buyers anywhere!at first i had it up for 4800 then dropped to 4500 then 4200 then 4000 on autotrader.the i put it on ebay and it ended yesterday at 3000 but i didnt want to let it go at that price so i got me mate to bid on it at 3100.so i still have no sale.does anyone no what im doing wrong?am i expecting to much money?i would settle for 4000 maybe less.please help!!!!
      its a 94 ssrg 3.0.a-bar,rear mounted spare,turbo timer,toyota defectors its in good nick with tax and 10 monthes mot. this isnt a for sale ad but if anyone wants it i would genuinly make a payment to the site.
      i really just need selling hints,tips. thanks guys.
      your not
      doing anything wrong, cant sell mine either seems people do want something for nothing these days
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

thanks for the response guys,here is my ebay link so you can see the ad and the great vehicle.it is still for sale if anyone is interested and im open to offers!!
        the only reason im seeling is because im working all over the place and the truck just isnt economical to do this.
        or i could go veggie?this time of year should i use 20/80 oil to diesel?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4596745908

Comment

Spooky
          its like my 2.4
          nice truck
          if i did not already have two i would buy it and its a Burgundy colour too
          thats one of the two best colours you know
          Pops

Comment

thanks,i think so to.
            the traders always say that its the least desirable colour,i like it and so do you so thats two people!but we no most traders talk sh*t .i like black surfs too.
            well if anyones interested in my truck call me:07832 230843
            no traders/tyre kickers/gays.

Comment

Jesus mate, a 94, 3.0 SSRG for 3k appears to be the bargain of the year for someone! As already said, it has got to be the time of year stopping it selling. I reluctantly sold my 92 ,2.4 SSRX for 2.5k 2 months ago. Looks like I did well!!!!

Pete

Comment

thanks,i think so to.
                the traders always say that its the least desirable colour,i like it and so do you so thats two people!but we no most traders talk sh*t .i like black surfs too.
                well if anyones interested in my truck call me:07832 230843
                no traders/tyre kickers/.
                or peeps who dont like red hey
                Pops

Comment

Its got to be the time of year, NOTHING to do with colour as my GREY one has had no takers either and I have that up for ONLY £2K, and its had the head done !!

I am waiting to get Christmas out of the way and then I'll have another purge in advertising it again.

You can see mine here

Good luck fellow sellers!

Paul

p.s. and no I aint givin it away I'd rather preserve my new one and make it into a play thing!!! than do that.
                  DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

No your alright m8ty.
                    Nothing is selling in the car market at the mo. Just look around
                    at the big dealers, Reg Vardy are giving 5 years interest free
                    on new cars and massiff discounts on used cars.

It's been like this for a while, Septembers reg change was one
                    of the worst for ages,all down to the stagnant housing market
                    or so they say..

Keep it till after Christmas and see if it picks up rather than
                    selling it for silly money, or buy a cheap run about for work
                    and keep the Surf for the fun days out and week ends .

Was going to upgrade my old girl but decided to hang on to her.
                    Poppy
                    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

thanks for the response guys,here is my ebay link so you can see the ad and the great vehicle.it is still for sale if anyone is interested and im open to offers!!
                      the only reason im seeling is because im working all over the place and the truck just isnt economical to do this.
                      or i could go veggie?this time of year should i use 20/80 oil to diesel?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4596745908

sorry i couldnt resist this mistake mate ...." ECT REAR SUSPENSION (AGAIN FLICK OF A SWITCH,STIFFENS REAR SUSPENSION FOR TOWING)"

ECT red lines the the revs... e.g takes it tp 5-6 k revs b 4 changin gear
                      Last edited by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91; 10 December 2005, 16:01.
                      zacco

Comment

oh,i didnt know that!!!!!!!obviousley!!thanks. so does it increase or decrease the rev range??would it affect the fuel consmption?my dunlop tyres are perishing and not a lot of tread left,if i stuck a decent set on would my fuel bill go down?

ive tricked loadsa people with that rear suspension thing then!!!they all thinks its great!!

Comment

Working...
                        X