X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fit an after market air filter/induction kit

Cost : £20.39
    Time taken : 30 mins
    Tools required : phillips screw driver, flathead screwdriver, 12 mm socket set (with extender and ratchet), oh yes, and some fairy liquid.

I completed this today on my 2nd Gen 3.0td, dunno if its the same on 2.4 (most proabaly)

First purchase you chosen filter style from your local "motorworld" shop at a cost of £19.99. While shopping pick up a can of baked beans, or other chosen foodstuff in a regular size tin can.
    When home, eat the food and wash the can out thouroughly. then proceed to cut the bottom of the can off with you can opener (I found using a can opener that cuts down into the lid, rather than across into the side was best, as this leaves nice lips rather than sharp edges).

Then remove the existing filter box from ur surf by undoing the 4 12mm bolts and loosening the jubilee clip with the phillips screwdriver. Once all this is out of the way, lubricate your open ended can with the fairy liquid. the rubber tube that used to go from the old air box to the turbo is about 70mm diameter, the can is about 75mm. Spend the next 10 mins swearing and cursing as you try to force the can into said rubber tube. Trust me it will go! (with the help of the flathead screwdriver). Once you have it inserted by about an inch, tighen the jubilee clip.

Now simply push the new air filter on the other end and tighten up that jubilee clip.

Job done!!

Now I have a truck that noisily slurps the air in whenever I go near the throttle. not sure about claimed performance or mpg gains as yet, but it sure sounds more serious, though definatley not to everyone's taste. The missus hasn't been it yet, so I may be takin it off again soon .

cheers,

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

if you got a 3rd gen 3.0... just take off the flexi pipe and replace with cone filter!

took me 10 mins, including making the square hole round!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
    X