V.a.t. ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V.a.t. ??????

Anyone here know much about VAT ?........ my question is, is it legal to charge VAT on a used secondhand item ?
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

I think (aint sure) it is if you are VAT registered.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
      Anyone here know much about VAT ?........ my question is, is it legal to charge VAT on a used secondhand item ?

If the seller is registered for vat then they will charge you vat for the service or goods they are selling, regardless of the fact of whether its a new or used item.
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

ahhhhh that sucks...... oh well ty ppl
        Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

ask the man

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
          ahhhhh that sucks...... oh well ty ppl
          the easiest way to get a definitive answer is to ask the VAT man they have a helpline number and they are far from the ogres they once were. When ever I have a queriey I just ask - look em up in the phone book
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
            the easiest way to get a definitive answer is to ask the VAT man they have a helpline number and they are far from the ogres they once were. When ever I have a queriey I just ask - look em up in the phone book
            it depend's on the item as well, i.e a surf is classed as a car so there is no vat unless you are in the motor trade then you can clam it back for car while in stock and repay it when you sell the car

www.floatingpontoonsolutions.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X