Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint ?

Hi all,

Some kind person relieved my Surf of the front wheel arch part that fits over the bumper.

I've got a new part coming but it will need painting, a friend of mine said that Halfords will mix paint if you give them a colour code so I was wondering if anyone has used them for paint and if they are any good?

If not does anyone know of a place that sells touch up paint for Surfs, I have the colour code.

TTFN,
    --
    Still grinning despite the damage.

What colour paint is it. Some of them are more difficult to match especially the Blue Mica paint code 8E3 (halfords will never match that in a million years). Better finding a decent paint distributors like Eurocolor - not sure where their nearest branch to you will be. If it is the Blue you need Vision code 8E3 not anyone elses. Vision Paints make the nearest match to the factory colour.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      What colour paint is it. Some of them are more difficult to match especially the Blue Mica paint code 8E3 (halfords will never match that in a million years). Better finding a decent paint distributors like Eurocolor - not sure where their nearest branch to you will be. If it is the Blue you need Vision code 8E3 not anyone elses. Vision Paints make the nearest match to the factory colour.
      I did look yesterday at the chassis plate and I'm sure it said 3K3 but will check again tomorrow.

The only other option I thought of doing was taking off the offside piece and giving it to a local paint shop for them to match.

The colour is described as Burgundy Red, which in the sun has a slight orange appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse
        I did look yesterday at the chassis plate and I'm sure it said 3K3 but will check again tomorrow.

The only other option I thought of doing was taking off the offside piece and giving it to a local paint shop for them to match.

The colour is described as Burgundy Red, which in the sun has a slight orange appearance.

I would say go to the local body shop, my local one sprayed my spoiler for me - they matched the colour by the code first then checked for fade etc with the swatches then mixed the paint and sprayed it....absolutly purfect!
        I also asked them to mix a little extra and they put it in a touch up tin with brush. I know I got a good deal because they do spray all my units for me but it shouldnt cost a fortune as they can mix small ammounts and if the part is prepared............
        Good luck
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse
          Hi all,

Some kind person relieved my Surf of the front wheel arch part that fits over the bumper.

I've got a new part coming but it will need painting, a friend of mine said that Halfords will mix paint if you give them a colour code so I was wondering if anyone has used them for paint and if they are any good?

If not does anyone know of a place that sells touch up paint for Surfs, I have the colour code.

TTFN,
          --
          Still grinning despite the damage.
          Hi mate, i have used halfords for this in the past on my grey surf, and it was a good match, the only thing you need to watch out for is colour fade on the original paint work. If you go to any decent paint shop you can get a tin of blending spray which most body shops use for blending the new paint work in with the old.
          Hope this helps a little.
          Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Working...
          X