More on Veg oil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Veg oil.

Just watched a piece about Veg oil on TV lunchtime programme. Unfortunately the guy on there seemed a little tame to say the least. Only interesting point he made was that if veg oil is not good enough to be a fuel at 27.1p then how can it be good enough at 47.1p.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

didn't see it, but shouldn't that point be laboured.
    At least it will be seen that its not about being green, but greedy from a government/tax perspective.

I still can't get my head round that fact that the minute you consider it as fuel, there is duty due...

Comment

If you go here, you can see the article (well you can until monday ) It's the first of the show.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

On the 'F word ' , Gordon Ramsey prog , they also covered the veg oil as fuel . They took a Gallon of waste cooking oil from Ramsey's kitchen and turned it into a Gallon of clean usable fuel . The guy covering the feature was a food critic who had been down a sewer to see what a mess cooking oil makes to our sewer system . He was very supportive of the need to develop this system of re using cooking oil as fuel . He filled his car with the oil and drove on it till it ran out . He did mention the chip shop smell but no other complaint .We need people like this guy and Ramsey on the case to push it further .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
          Just watched a piece about Veg oil on TV lunchtime programme. Unfortunately the guy on there seemed a little tame to say the least. Only interesting point he made was that if veg oil is not good enough to be a fuel at 27.1p then how can it be good enough at 47.1p.
          Philip

a mate of mine runs his fleet of wagons on a veg oil/derv mix .. smells like a chippy ..plus dont get as long out of the fuel filtres ..
          nick 1 step in front of you

Comment

The charismatic new leader of the Conservative party (whassisname) expressed his support for vegoil today (according to the London Evening Standard) by saying he will consider it. If it looks like it will win him any votes, Tony B Liar will steal the idea as his own and chippys will want to sell it to us, because it will be at a premium.

I cant wait!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
            X