Local Toyota Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Toyota Dealer

Decided to pay my local Toyota dealer a visit, I've heard so many stories about them not being helpful.

How wrong could I have been. The guy put my Surfs numbers into the computer and up pops my Surf, all the bits exploded easy to see (any good hackers out there, could do with a copy of that software). It took 2 days for the ordered part to come in. I know you pay through the nose for Toyota parts but some times I prefer to use genuine parts.

Found Milners good/quick as well, but can they get parts that are not listed in the catalogue and how quick?

Hello Nige,

The dealers are getting much better now. This is since they have access to the Japanese EPC with the diagrams as you have seen.

Some dealers are even agreeing to service them at there usual high prices!

You wait 'til lyou want a part that isn't common to another UK vehicle - long wait from Japan.

If you go loaded with all of the frame numbers, etc they are generally helpful. I tend to get the "breath through the teeth" when I tell them it is a Surf at my local dealer. Quite funny really.

Rich.

Originally posted by Nige
    Decided to pay my local Toyota dealer a visit, I've heard so many stories about them not being helpful.

How wrong could I have been. The guy put my Surfs numbers into the computer and up pops my Surf, all the bits exploded easy to see (any good hackers out there, could do with a copy of that software). It took 2 days for the ordered part to come in. I know you pay through the nose for Toyota parts but some times I prefer to use genuine parts.

Found Milners good/quick as well, but can they get parts that are not listed in the catalogue and how quick?
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
    X