1HD-FT can it be fitted to surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1HD-FT can it be fitted to surf?

Following on from a thread rasied by one of our American cousins, and in the interest of added some serious torque to my BLUE Surf. (did I mention it was blue?). I was curious to see if anyone here on this side of the atlantic has fitted the 4.2 diesel LC engine to a humble surf?
    Answers on a post card .............
    I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

It has been done, but unfortunately you can't fit it to a blue Surf.
    Burgundy ones........no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Oh Mr Bushwacker sir, I admire you burgundy fetish, but blue is best.
      That aside, is there thread to follow anywhere? I may choose to make this a long term prject for when finally kill my engine (again)

Comment

that'll be down to the cross axle transverse trunion bearing carrier... not present on burgundy.

could be replaced with a triple overlay manifold sprocket though!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by sheeprus
          Oh Mr Bushwacker sir, I admire you burgundy fetish, but blue is best.
          That aside, is there thread to follow anywhere? I may choose to make this a long term prject for when finally kill my engine (again)

Heres one thread on the subject.....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...r+engines+surf

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            that'll be down to the cross axle transverse trunion bearing carrier... not present on burgundy.

could be replaced with a triple overlay manifold sprocket though!

Exactly what I was trying to say, but couldn't remember the name for the trunion bearing.

Comment

[QUOTE=sheeprus]if anyone here on this side of the atlantic has fitted the 4.2 diesel LC engine to a humble surf? QUOTE]

Oh my God! It just makes me moist just imagining it...woops!...where's the Kleenex?
              @africa4x4cafe
              [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Must be the flange spigot that lets you do on the burgundy ones!

Comment

have the blue and burgandy ones got the foo foo valve
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Must be the flange spigot that lets you do on the burgundy ones!
                    yes, as long as it has the fuggit pump fitted to the steering widgit!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      have the blue and burgandy ones got the foo foo valve
                      I don't know but from what I can assertain, without heading back to petrol, it seesm that the 4.2 landy engine is too big (goddammit).
                      Looks like the supra engine is the next best bet and by all accounts the mk 1 engine. I would still like to look at a bigger diesel engine anything bigger that 3lt! Tiem to trawl the net.

Comment

I don't know but from what I can assertain, without heading back to petrol, it seesm that the 4.2 landy engine is too big (goddammit).
                        Looks like the supra engine is the next best bet and by all accounts the mk 1 engine. I would still like to look at a bigger diesel engine anything bigger that 3lt! Tiem to trawl the net.
                        I don't think the 1HD-T engine would fit in a Surf engine Bay, it's a lot bigger in length than the standard 4 pot engine. You would need to do major work on the firewall/bulkhead to even get it in. Be an amazing truck if you did the work though.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                          I don't think the 1HD-T engine would fit in a Surf engine Bay, it's a lot bigger in length than the standard 4 pot engine. You would need to do major work on the firewall/bulkhead to even get it in. Be an amazing truck if you did the work though.
                          That's what I was thinking, oh well. Nevermind. Time to source a different big yota engine!!!

Comment

Supra 6 cylinder will fit, it's been done, so will Small Block Ford V8 and I think a 6.2 litre GM Diesel V8 will also fit and would be a great engine - immense torque and power - bit heavy though so you will probably need uprated torsion bars.

Comment

I'll make it fit! how much money have you got?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X