I want to SEE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pops
    ta mate did you order and pay online too??

yes
    But - he has three different postal speeds/costs. I paid the top whack for 3 day service. in hindsight, I should have checked the uk/usa conversion chart for USA days and UK imperial days. It appears UK days are half as long as those in the USA.
    Don't bother with the fast service - you'll wait a week for him to post them.
    Reliable - but not too quick.
    sounds like me!!!
    Last edited by jaky cakes; 8 December 2005, 01:39.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

ordered some new bulbs from e-bay and wiring upgrade loom from 4crawler
      so will let you know the difference in headlights when there fitted
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

ordered some new bulbs from e-bay and wiring upgrade loom from 4crawler
        so will let you know the difference in headlights when there fitted

Just a thought - you could replace the loom first and use original lamps - just to see what a diffrence the loom makes - then put your new lamps in and see what diffrence they make.
        just a thought.
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
          Just a thought - you could replace the loom first and use original lamps - just to see what a diffrence the loom makes - then put your new lamps in and see what diffrence they make.
          just a thought.
          i was thinking along those lines too, but as some peeps on here think i Blind how can i gauge the difference
          Pops

Comment

yes
            But - he has three different postal speeds/costs. I paid the top whack for 3 day service. in hindsight, I should have checked the uk/usa conversion chart for USA days and UK imperial days. It appears UK days are half as long as those in the USA.
            Don't bother with the fast service - you'll wait a week for him to post them.
            Reliable - but not too quick.
            sounds like me!!!
            I paid the standary shipping and got mine in four days. Not kidding.

You're right, well worth it.

Comment

Re

I got these in my baby and they look great!

I am always worrying that one of them might blow though forcing me to find a replacement!

One thing I noticed is that rather than the feint yellow tinge that you seem to get off normal bulbs is that you get a brilliant white glare!

On dip my ones have a blue tinge as well!

I cannot honestly say that I can see better with them though!

Go for it!

Later!

hellmett

Comment

the loom took about a week to arrive. fitting was a piece of pi$$ - even in the dark / wind / rain / failing torch batteries. - high quality kit. No cutting of wires simply plug and play. removed front grill and headlights plugged in and fitted relays in engine bay - 20-30 mins. Best mod so far!!!
                I'll try to find the packet it came in and scan the instructions if you want.
                ok got the loom here from4crawler. I see where to attach the relays and the battery and connect to the headlights but how does one connect to the wiring system on surf so the bally things know when to come on when you switch the lights on ??
                is ti the 1 remaining yellow plug that plugs into just 1 of the old headlight connectors or what??
                Pops

Comment

ok got the loom here from4crawler. I see where to attach the relays and the battery and connect to the headlights but how does one connect to the wiring system on surf so the bally things know when to come on when you switch the lights on ??
                  is ti the 1 remaining yellow plug that plugs into just 1 of the old headlight connectors or what??
                  Yep, thats just how it works. it plugs into the now disused connector on the same side as the battery you are connecting too. Just be carefull how you route it, it's slightly to short for the route that seemed most obvious to me, don't start dressing it in and cable tieing it till you are happy it all connects.

i'ts the best 1hour mod I know - along with a pair of ring 'SuperZenon 60% brighter' bulbs it makes those headlamps as good as on a new car easily. (not as good as HID, but what do oyu expect). The super zenons were 14.95 a pair from my local car accessory place by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                    Yep, thats just how it works. it plugs into the now disused connector on the same side as the battery you are connecting too. Just be carefull how you route it, it's slightly to short for the route that seemed most obvious to me, don't start dressing it in and cable tieing it till you are happy it all connects.

i'ts the best 1hour mod I know - along with a pair of ring 'SuperZenon 60% brighter' bulbs it makes those headlamps as good as on a new car easily. (not as good as HID, but what do oyu expect). The super zenons were 14.95 a pair from my local car accessory place by the way.
                    thanks dave
                    which battery should i connect too or does this not matter
                    Pops

Comment

thanks dave
                      which battery should i connect too or does this not matter
                      Don't think it matters, I have all my bits and bobs of the master battery on the drivers side, for tidiness, but I cannot think of any reason for it to make a difference at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                        Don't think it matters, I have all my bits and bobs of the master battery on the drivers side, for tidiness, but I cannot think of any reason for it to make a difference at all.
                        me too thanks dave going out to fit when her indoors taken to the hair and nail shop serious surf time then
                        Pops

Comment

I connected mine to the Offside battery but it wont make a diffence really
                          Attached Files
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            I connected mine to the Offside battery but it wont make a diffence really
                            u got 1 2 then nice to see hey
                            Pops

Comment

u got 1 2 then nice to see hey
                              Get it done
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky