Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Passanger Window

Hi All
    My rear passanger window has become detached from the metal/rubber clamp that is bolted onto the raising /lowering meck. I know why it came out , the window got stuck and pulled itself off the clamp.

1 Any idea how you get it back into the clamp?
    (looks like the rubber goes on the glass then in the factory they clamp the metal bracket on, then it is bolted to the raising /lowering meck.)

2 Would you glue it back in place and what type of glue

3 Do I have to remove the quarter light (little window thingy) to get the window out.

4 Thanks

Mark

I did this job on a 2nd gen a few years ago when the metal clamp on the bottom of the glass disintragrated with rust!!! There is no easy way (that I know of) to get the clamp back over the rubber. But what I did was to used a little soap on the rubber pieces and then slide the metal clamp over it. It takes a bit of force. I eventually needed a block of wood and a hammer to get it fully on. Took a while but it worked!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
      I did this job on a 2nd gen a few years ago when the metal clamp on the bottom of the glass disintragrated with rust!!! There is no easy way (that I know of) to get the clamp back over the rubber. But what I did was to used a little soap on the rubber pieces and then slide the metal clamp over it. It takes a bit of force. I eventually needed a block of wood and a hammer to get it fully on. Took a while but it worked!!!
      Did you do this with the window out? and if so how do you get the window out?
      Thanks
      Mark

Comment

Just noticed you are talking about the door glass. I thought it was the tailgate glass.....me bad!!

Anyway, its easier there. The qtr glass needs to come out, but if memory serves there are two or three screws/bolts holding it in. One where it meets the top of the frame, the screw is under the rubber molding. The other one or two are behind the door card. Once these are removed you can take out the qtr glass retaining bar. Make sure the window mechasim is lowered and then push the glass down. the qtr retaining bar then tilts into the open window area and pulls up through the frame. The door glass will come out easy then.
        While you have the glass out, pull out the glass guide rubbers and clean them really well. You can get spray to make the rubber more supple. This should help the glass to move freely when your winding up and down.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
          Just noticed you are talking about the door glass. I thought it was the tailgate glass.....me bad!!

Anyway, its easier there. The qtr glass needs to come out, but if memory serves there are two or three screws/bolts holding it in. One where it meets the top of the frame, the screw is under the rubber molding. The other one or two are behind the door card. Once these are removed you can take out the qtr glass retaining bar. Make sure the window mechasim is lowered and then push the glass down. the qtr retaining bar then tilts into the open window area and pulls up through the frame. The door glass will come out easy then.
          While you have the glass out, pull out the glass guide rubbers and clean them really well. You can get spray to make the rubber more supple. This should help the glass to move freely when your winding up and down.

Hope this helps!

Cheers mate thats what i needed.will let you know how i get on
          Thanks
          mark

Comment

Fixed

Just an update window fixed following your instructions

Cleaned the track and now it runs well, so should not break again

Thanks for your help

Mark

Comment

Working...