Moto X anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto X anyone?

Is anyone here into freestyle Moto X? I fancy taking it up but have never had a motorbike and everyone I talk to tries to put me off! have found this site:
    http://www.yamaha-schools.co.uk/experience.htm

It seems like a good taster?!
    I really like the idea of the crossover from green laning to tearing across the coutryside and maby even doing some jumps (well perhaps at least a couple of feet!)
    cheers
    Windsurfer

A KAWASAKI KX 250 sure would look good on the back of my Surf!!

Any tips for getting started? (that do not include lots of broken bones!)

Hi mate,

I used to do this moto x freestyle as well as enduros,motox,supercross and just about anything else you can do on a dirt bike,

Then had a little falling off, 7 months in hospital and im lucky to be here, unable to walk but thats another story.

However, and heres the twist, im not going to even try and talk you out of it, quite the opposite, get on there now mate.

If i could, and the wife wouldnt leave me then id be back on again tomorrow, life is too short to worry, just make sure you wear all the gear, id be long dead with out all mine.

KTM are the bikes too get, a nice Ex200 will do a treat.

Ask santa, you never know

Pete

Comment

if you like scaring yourself!... i don't... but love it!... not that i do much freestyle!!... just have a go on mates bikes at tracks...

but if you've never riden a bike before then you'll definately scare yourself!... don't go thinking, "pah!... it's only a 250!"... it's still a monster... although more controllable than the 80's bikes!... they were scary!!

i've scared myself on a kids midi sized 80cc!

great fun!... but like he says... get all the gear!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

on the accident thing... my mate broke both arms... recovered enough to wipe his ass, and then went out and broke both legs!!...
        so even the most competent have bad falls!

they all used to hang around with a fella called finbar that was best mates with the fella who was engaged to pink so all went riding with the top blokes when they were over.

Comment

if you are over 25, dont bother, you aint going to heal fast enough!!
          yours, a 39 year old, creaking and popping like you wouldnt believe..
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            if you are over 25, dont bother, you aint going to heal fast enough!!
            yours, a 39 year old, creaking and popping like you wouldnt believe..

I'm 30 and a dad, I just want to experience it! Will have to give it a go. Spent my childhood skateboarding so I have broken lots of bones and have knackered knees anyway. The price you pay for fun!
            Cheers for the replies.

Comment

It can't be that dangerous can it?

When you all take of broken bones etc. are we talking from 40ft jumps or just riding on a track/off road. It can't be that dangerous can it?

Comment

Originally posted by windsurfer
                When you all take of broken bones etc. are we talking from 40ft jumps or just riding on a track/off road. It can't be that dangerous can it?
                I've got 15,000 central london commuting miles under my belt, in theory i should have donated my organs long ago but i still got 'em! That said it was a major factor in getting the hell out of london, everyones luck runs out eventually and the one armed rider i'd pass most days coming the other way was a constant reminder not to think i could get away with it forever. My theory is you start, get comfortable on the bike, get cocky, fall off, get comfortable again, start to get cocky again, get scared and stop. (still commuting like a nutter on it though, scares the hell out of the grannies in Bath ) Nearly all accidents are avoidable if you're concentrating and as long as you're not the cocky type green laning in a trials type mode rather than seat grabbing freestyling is pretty safe, and great fun! Just don't go mad!! Style over speed!
                PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

trick is to start with a smaller bike. you will still fall off, but the ground wont be going past so quick...
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    trick is to start with a smaller bike. you will still fall off, but the ground wont be going past so quick...
                    Absolutely and here's my choice of bike to start on -

http://www.thumperpage.com/articles/Serow.html

And as the bloke says no reason to ever get a bigger one. 108 Kgs should sit on the back of your surf ok. Or just ride there, there are loads of green lanes round here that are impassable in the surf and even a challenge on bike Don't forget that if you want to green lane it has to be road legal!
                    Last edited by NeilT; 6 December 2005, 21:07.

Comment

that will do nicely sir..
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

250cc MOTOX bikes are ok but they bite back I retired from MOTOX 3 years ago due to both knees knackered. Indian Air, Knick Knacks, Sterilizer & One handed Superman is for the Young proffesionals @ 30 youre past it.
                        Pastrana, Clowers & the Flyin Hawaain can really do well as they have done it as kids.
                        http://www.fmxschool.com/freestylecontents.htm
                        http://expn.go.com/xgames/sxg/viii/s..._backflip.html
                        http://www.motox1.50megs.com/
                        http://punkchik369.tripod.com/extreme/id7.html
                        http://www.motodemons.com/xPast.htm

Freestyle Moto X

Gold - Travis Pastrana - 94.00

Silver - Tommy Clowers - 91.33

Bronze - Brian Deegan - 90.33
                        4th Place - Clifford Adoptante - 89.33 Fyin hawwain
                        5th Place - "Mad Mike" Jones - 88.33
                        6th Place - Trevor Vines - 86.67
                        7th Place - Mike Cinqmars - 86.67
                        8th Place - Jeff Tilton - 85.67
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
                          108 Kgs should sit on the back of your surf ok. !
                          Or quite a lot more - that's 120+KG of old DR350. Not a bad carrier for 59 quid is it?

Shame you are a bit of a way off, I'm just getting back into trail bikes after 15 years or so of just road bikes myself.

am going for an introduction day in north wales (its £75 including bike hire if you fancy a go) in January.
                          Attached Files

Comment

carey hart... that's the fella i was thinking of!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                              Or quite a lot more - that's 120+KG of old DR350. Not a bad carrier for 59 quid is it?

Shame you are a bit of a way off, I'm just getting back into trail bikes after 15 years or so of just road bikes myself.

am going for an introduction day in north wales (its £75 including bike hire if you fancy a go) in January.
                              Oh sh!t now you've done it burn the credit card burn the credit card, remember the tax bill remember the tax bill. Are the details for the carrier online anywhere? Does it fit with a tow bar or would i have to take it off?? Can you get the bike on single handed?

When in january? I'm away until the 9th but £75 and an excuse to have a drive out to north wales is too tempting, really includes the bike hire?!

Comment

Working...
                              X