Computer/Printer Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer/Printer Question.

Could any of you learned computer literate types help me. My old printer was a Hewlett Packard. My new one is an Epson Stylus Photo RX520. Do I have to remove any tape or anything from the ink cartridges before I plug them in? It doesn't mention it in the destructions. I just wonder where the plastic film goes to when they are plugged in.

Ta very much.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Could any of you learned computer literate types help me. My old printer was a Hewlett Packard. My new one is an Epson Stylus Photo RX520. Do I have to remove any tape or anything from the ink cartridges before I plug them in? It doesn't mention it in the destructions. I just wonder where the plastic film goes to when they are plugged in.

Ta very much.
    there r normally 2 options ...1 there is a tab to pull the plastic off.....
    2 the plastic jus breaks when u insert the ink
    zacco

Comment

Cheers. There is no tab. Just a thin plastic covering. I'll shove them in and see waht happens.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Phil I just bought an epson printer the R300 thingy that prints discs and if the ink carts are the same...ie 6 individual ones then yes you have to peel off the little plastic tabs before clicking them into place...HTH

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer
          Phil I just bought an epson printer the R300 thingy that prints discs and if the ink carts are the same...ie 6 individual ones then yes you have to peel off the little plastic tabs before clicking them into place...HTH

Darren
          I just put them in. I know I bite my nails, but there are no tabs to get hold of and sharp needle thingies that look as if they puncture the platic membrane. We'll see what happens. I am about to make a test print. Whoops!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Phil, whats happend? you're talking all purpely!

Comment

i just bought a HP photosmart 3310... haven't got it yet... are they any good?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Phil, whats happend? you're talking all purpely!

do you think he should of pulled a tab back b4 inserting the cartridge
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                  I just put them in. I know I bite my nails, but there are no tabs to get hold of and sharp needle thingies that look as if they puncture the platic membrane. We'll see what happens. I am about to make a test print. Whoops!
                  AND ?????

Comment

Wahay! It works. It's the first peripheral that I have connected to this computer that hasn't made me

I am very , so far. Now all I have to do is read up on how to print photos, use the fax, use the scanner/copier bit.

Thanks for your help guys.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Wheres 'Koi'? all the text on this thread is changing colour.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Wheres 'Koi'? all the text on this thread is changing colour.
                        Don't know what you mean Vince...

Comment

It's still doin' it.
                          Or is it my monitor?

Comment

Nothing to do with me. It looks perfectly normal to me. It must be yours eyes playing up. Something like that, anyway. I hope it gets better soon.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

LSD any one??

Comment

Working...
                              X