Front "Spots" Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front "Spots" Bar

Hi All, Dont know if this will be of interest to anyone, I want to fit four pos
    six X 6" angel eye spots (stainless) on the Jaos i've just put on but didnt want to see a lot of brackets and wireing etc, As the jaos only have two
    fixing points for lights i decide'ed to make something that would hold all six
    spots (4up &2down eitherside of no plate) and hide all the wires, As the
    thumnails show (if they show up, first time i've done pics) i made a type of box section out of a shower door top rail with a removable back, Easy to fit
    and all wireing can be tied and cliped and run through the box exiting at one end with a protective covering, spiral wrap or similar, through a gromet, To make it easer to fit the lamps all i have to do is loosen the center bar bolts and remove the two lower side bar bolts in order to swivel the bar round and
    fit the lights, Note! it wont swivel quite so far if i fit two lower lights but should still be enough to see what i'm doing, All the bits are alloy, stainless
    would have been better (but harder to work) Anyway all polished up it looks
    ok, All i need now are four spots and two fogs (or six spots) hav'nt made my mind up yet, Then five marker lights and a roof bar full,Then a flat battery
    Cheers All Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    Hi All, Dont know if this will be of interest to anyone, I want to fit four pos
    six X 6" angel eye spots (stainless) on the Jaos i've just put on but didnt want to see a lot of brackets and wireing etc, As the jaos only have two
    fixing points for lights i decide'ed to make something that would hold all six
    spots (4up &2down eitherside of no plate) and hide all the wires, As the
    thumnails show (if they show up, first time i've done pics) i made a type of box section out of a shower door top rail with a removable back, Easy to fit
    and all wireing can be tied and cliped and run through the box exiting at one end with a protective covering, spiral wrap or similar, through a gromet, To make it easer to fit the lamps all i have to do is loosen the center bar bolts and remove the two lower side bar bolts in order to swivel the bar round and
    fit the lights, Note! it wont swivel quite so far if i fit two lower lights but should still be enough to see what i'm doing, All the bits are alloy, stainless
    would have been better (but harder to work) Anyway all polished up it looks
    ok, All i need now are four spots and two fogs (or six spots) hav'nt made my mind up yet, Then five marker lights and a roof bar full,Then a flat battery
    Cheers All Ian

thank you thank you

steaing pick for a wanted post as i haev that bull bar but with 2 bent bars

where did you get it?
    and can they get replacment bars

(i have 2 center bars with dents the one with the light brackets and one other)
    [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Hi, Got them from a forum member, He got them somewhere in London,
      (secondhand) He was very lucky he got two sets for about £500, Sold the set i have and put the other set on his surf, Dont suppose he'd mind me putting his user name on here! I'ts ChasesDragons, Dosn't post much, I was
      looking for ages for these, There like rocking horse pooh! Good luck Ian
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X