Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom Teeth

I had my wisdom teeth out on Friday. All four of them. They had a problem with my bottom right tooth, which was growing sideways. The Surgeon said he tried to split it in half and get it out, but he had to end up using a power drill to drill it out. They also said I bled like hell and lost quite a bit of blood.

I am now off work until Saturday, a weeks supply of pain killers, antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. Dosed up to the eyeballs and starving hungry. I can only open my mouth a little bit, and all I have eaten since Thursday night is SOUP. I've got a fridge full of Fosters, but can't drink any of it because of the medicine I'm on. My face looks like it's been run over by a road roller.

Now what soup do I have for dinner? Is it tomato or chicken and veg? Mmmm....... What a choice. Any photo's of a nice roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings would go down a treat.

here ya go
    Attached Files
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
      here ya go

Mmmmmmmmmm.................... ...... Roast Dinner................

I have nearly shorted out my keyboard dribbling onto it. Is that a genuine roast dinner that is sitting in your house right now?

Comment

nope.... its a picture wot i nicked off google...... but I do have a roast chicken cooking..... do you want a pic of that aswell ?
        Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
          nope.... its a picture wot i nicked off google...... but I do have a roast chicken cooking..... do you want a pic of that aswell ?

Don't rub it in mate!!

Comment

as its sunday, you could try yorkshire pudding! Just miss the step out that involves putting in the oven and instead, simply suck the batter thru a straw!

Sorted
            Al.
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
              as its sunday, you could try yorkshire pudding! Just miss the step out that involves putting in the oven and instead, simply suck the batter thru a straw!

Sorted
              Al.
              well if your gonna do that,go the whole hog and have a roast dinner but,put it through the blender first then eat that as a soup.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

does the pain in your mouth match the pain to your wallet???

dont know how dentists survive. mines down to his last 2 range rovers
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I think i would rather have had your soup, The so called stake we had was
                  like leather, My teeth ar'nt to bad and i still couln'nt get through it, Should have taken it outside and run over it a few times!! Still all is not lost, i'll glue
                  it to my boots, Good luck with your gob must admit i dont envy you,
                  HeHe was going to correct my spelling of steak but perhaps not!!!
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 27 November 2005, 20:42.
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Did he knock you out ? .
                    I had one out last year and it was the most pain i have ever felt , (butcher)
                    john....
                    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
                      Did he knock you out ? .
                      I had one out last year and it was the most pain i have ever felt , (butcher)
                      john....
                      I was wondering too. I had one out last year. Four previous dentists had said there was nothing wrong with it. The one that took it out discovered that the eight years of jaw pain I had suffered was because I had a loose wisdom tooth! It was painful for a couple of weeks but well worth it in the long run.
                      I hope you are feeling better soon.
                      I would have put our dinner in the liquidiser, but I don't think Toad In The Hole liquidises very well.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

A big thanks to all you guys that have left witty messages. Definitely made me laugh!!

In answer to some of the questions. I had to have a General Anaesthetic, which wasn't pleasant I can tell you. They put a line into the back of my hand and injected it in. It was like having acid pumped into your arm. I could feel it go up my arm, into my heart then up towards my head. As it got to my heart I could taste it and all my face and body got really bad pins and needles, then I was out. Next thing I knew I was in the recovery area with a very sore mouth.

It's now the third day in and my face is very swollen, I have a bad jaw ache and headache, but apart from that it's not too bad. The thing I don't like is the stitches they put in. They are the dissolvable ones. They have expanded and are now tickling my tongue. Still on strong pain killers, antibiotics and anti-inflammitorys though.

Comment

had mine done under local, by a female dentist with a truely exceptional chest. with my head firmly held in the cavenous cleavage... didnt care a jot about the pain, just hoped she would take her time and keep rolling my head around...

am i the only one to have enjoyed having his wisdom teeth taken out???
                          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                            had mine done under local, by a female dentist with a truely exceptional chest. with my head firmly held in the cavenous cleavage... didnt care a jot about the pain, just hoped she would take her time and keep rolling my head around...

am i the only one to have enjoyed having his wisdom teeth taken out???

It sounds like you got a great deal there. When I was in the Army, most of the dental nurses were RAF or Navy. Most of them were very sexy. Always looked forward to getting my teeth checked over.

Comment

errrr - dunno about enjoy it but I had one taken out when I was living in the Outer Hebrides - easiest trip to the dentist ever.

Didn't feel the needle at all, two tweaks and a tug and there it was - gone !

Dunno if it would have been quite so easy if there was anything wrong with it though

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                              X