rear seat belt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear seat belt issue

Hi, recently removed the nearside rear seatbelt reel to assist in removal of the trim panel whilst i was repairing the relay board for back window.

Now its all back together the belt wont work properly, won't come out freely and "locks" up way too easily.

The ball bearing in it moves freely enough and i cant see owt wrong!

Any ideas

Al
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    Hi, recently removed the nearside rear seatbelt reel to assist in removal of the trim panel whilst i was repairing the relay board for back window.

Now its all back together the belt wont work properly, won't come out freely and "locks" up way too easily.

The ball bearing in it moves freely enough and i cant see owt wrong!

Any ideas

Al
    Make sure its back exactly in the same position it came from..ie straight and level other wise the ball bearing will move too soon and lock up the belt..hope that made sence,it did to me but then again I am from Essex.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Sell the ball bearing on Fleabay , you can get £4.99 for them if you tell them its an EGR mod .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Belly lafs

Yeah, I thought of that Its a bit bigger than the internal diameter of the egr pipe though.

The belt reel actually sits in an inclined position governed by the vehicles bodywork. It has a locating "tang" which make it imposs to get in the wrong position!

I noticed it had jammed up before i refitted it but did so anyway in the hope that once installed in its intended position it would once again perform at Toyota had intended.
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Sorry, thread hi-jack, but how do you get to the inertia reels in the first place?
          My wonderful dog thought he would eat them both, and now I must replace them before I can replace the now expired MOT!
          I love my dog!
          Cheers,
          Sean

Comment

Originally posted by SeanH View Post
            Sorry, thread hi-jack, but how do you get to the inertia reels in the first place?
            My wonderful dog thought he would eat them both, and now I must replace them before I can replace the now expired MOT!
            I love my dog!
            Double thread hijack (though mines not 5 years old)

Is there a clearer picture of the tart on your bonnet?
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I'll trade you, instructions for removal and refitting of the rear three point seat belts, in exchange for the full sized image of the tart on my bonnet!

I will be honest though, I think Rolls Royce had the better idea, because their hood ornament wasn't as distracting, and you could see straight over it when driving ......... I had to get her off in the end, my insurance company and the police demanded it!
              Cheers,
              Sean

Comment

Originally posted by SeanH View Post
                I'll trade you, instructions for removal and refitting of the rear three point seat belts, in exchange for the full sized image of the tart on my bonnet!

I will be honest though, I think Rolls Royce had the better idea, because their hood ornament wasn't as distracting, and you could see straight over it when driving ......... I had to get her off in the end, my insurance company and the police demanded it!
                Lets face it, there are worse things to do in life...

Comment

Working...
                X