info needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info needed please

hi folks, im looking into buying a hilux surf around the 1993 ish mark,done a lot of offroading in my time and owned hiluxes in the past but never a surf can anyone please give me any relevent info regarding buying, ie. what i should be looking out for any possible pitfalls (id prefer a manual but they seem in short supply?) any info at all before i buy any info would be very gratefully recieved and i apologise if ive put this in the wrong forum! thanks!!

This will get you started.....

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Comment

and the for sale section has some fine models for sale right now too.
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

and a particularly awesome looking BURGUNDY one if I remember!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          and a particularly awesome looking BURGUNDY one if I remember!
          yes forgot about that one
          but was just pointing him to the sale section as there are others selling too
          and dont want to appear biased
          mind you your right ITS A BEAUTY
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Forget the manual mate, I've driven only manuals for 30 years but after driving the Surf auto I wouldn't go back.
            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by wilks
              hi folks, im looking into buying a hilux surf around the 1993 ish mark,done a lot of offroading in my time and owned hiluxes in the past but never a surf can anyone please give me any relevent info regarding buying, ie. what i should be looking out for any possible pitfalls (id prefer a manual but they seem in short supply?) any info at all before i buy any info would be very gratefully recieved and i apologise if ive put this in the wrong forum! thanks!!
              Check the springs for sag. It should measure 22" from the centre of the hub to the wheel arch. I just bought one and the rear sprongs sagged by nearly 2". Of course this gives me a good reason to stick a lift kit on!!

Also I was informed that the date of the vehicle can be found on the front seat belts..... handy if the you suspect a dishonest vehicle etc.

And obviously check that the 4 wheel drive works OK and for leaks etc. And all the usual used car checks. Making sure everything works as it should inc. all electrics. You don`t wanna inherit a car with electrical problems.

Good luck.
              [font=Comic Sans MS][color=red][b][u]SSR-G SURF `N` REG 95[/u][/b][/color][/font]
              [img]http://tinypic.com/i1k95k.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                yes forgot about that one
                but was just pointing him to the sale section as there are others selling too
                and dont want to appear biased
                mind you your right ITS A BEAUTY

Comment

Working...
                X