Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 - 90

It is just that travelling around, esp on the dual carriageways I get
    speed creep. It struggles a little up to 70, but after that my vehicle likes travelling about 80 - 90.

I get the feeling the police won't like this.

Is it the turbo kicking in? Is my right foot lazy?

Is this normal?

I must admit I enjoy it

p

Originally posted by the careful driver
    It is just that travelling around, esp on the dual carriageways I get
    speed creep. It struggles a little up to 70, but after that my vehicle likes travelling about 80 - 90.

I get the feeling the police won't like this.

Is it the turbo kicking in? Is my right foot lazy?

Is this normal?

I must admit I enjoy it

p
    I get the feeling the police won't like this

well dont tell them
    nick 1 step in front of you

Comment

Keep that speed up all day, and your fuel gauge needle will burn up on re-entry into the empty position!

Comment

i`ve done some motorways miles since i got my surf..i find i`m having to watch the speedo alot as it does tend to creep up from 75mph to 90mph without any obvious change in ride or handling...
        gonna have to learn before i get a speed ticket thou

Comment

I rarely get to drive a motorway, the only decent road we got is the A30 (exeter into Cornwall). But I have noticed that if I get the Surf going well on B roads, ie; nail it to a respectable cruising speed.Then back off, as the revs drop to about 2200 rpm, it actually goes faster !!
          Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
            But I have noticed that if I get the Surf going well on B roads, ie; nail it to a respectable cruising speed.Then back off, as the revs drop to about 2200 rpm, it actually goes faster !!
            There does seem to be something going on there doesn't there? V smooth

Comment

Originally posted by the careful driver
              There does seem to be something going on there doesn't there? V smooth
              My 2.4s smooth at around 70 -80 Its getting there thats the problem!!
              And im watching the fuel, water, etc AARRGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

My 2.4s smooth at around 70 -80 Its getting there thats the problem!!
                My 2.4 will get up to 80 with no bovver,and 100+ if pushed,dont forget
                that lots of surfs are fitted with different diffs,this final drive makes a big
                difference in speed(and MPG)

Comment

Working...
                X