CB Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Radio

whats should i look for?? completely new to this so havent a clue where to start..

what about fleabay?

any ideas?

Cheers.
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Originally posted by qube3
    whats should i look for?? completely new to this so havent a clue where to start..

what about fleabay?

any ideas?

Cheers.
    If you must have a Chicken Box, go for a brand new one (there will be very few second-hand ones that haven't been messed about with) and don't believe the numpties that say you can tweak them up by adjusting this and that. You will also need an SWR meter to set the aerial up correctly, as a badly matched aerial can lead to a poor signal and damage to the CB. I don't think they are too expensive. A truck stop is probably your best bet.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

break break

BREAK BREAK
      a new midland can be had for about 50 quid. I have one thats sitting in my loft that i have used about 3 times. I get it out every now and then. (not for sale)

They are very small and the channel changer is on the mic.

Superslab in Leeds is a very good place to start, thats where i bought mine. good service and the guy knows what he is on about. If you want a cb to keep in contact with others on an off road meet for instance you can use a 1/8th wave "thru glass" aerial which looks like a mobile phone twig from about 5 years ago, Has a range of about a mile. Otherwise, for longer distance you will need a decent mag mount. The bigger the better. I used to regularly converse with people 20 miles away when parked on a hill and using a half wave mag mount.

SWR meter is a good idea, it matches the twig to the rig. its not essential though as the shop can match your twig for you and providing you do not change anything you will be ok.

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

I got mine from here www.thunderpole.co.uk, they sell a complete kit for novices. Don't forget you need a licence before you fit the kit, only costs £15 per year.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by qube3

what about fleabay?

any ideas?

Cheers.
          Try Marshion electronics (dont know if thats spelt right) down Spring road in Ipswich,or if your in felixstowe go to haven fuels (thats the petrol station inside the dock) {dock gate no 1} they got some.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

i use motorola hand helds that i nicked... sorry aquired from work, good for about 2 miles, and great value from money!!
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
            X